If you have a passion for plants, sustainability and feeding the cities of tomorrow, this is the role for you at infarm, an exciting start-up from Berlin launching in London very soon.
Role: Production grower / Urban farmer (plant production hub based in London)
At Infarm we have the opportunity to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow. Our values offer a bit of insight into the culture that helps us work daily towards making this vision a reality. If these values resonate with you, and being part of the urban (r)evolution is something that excites you, you've come to the right place.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As a Production Grower/Urban Farmer you have a passion for plants and top-quality food and are an ambassador for infarm and our mission. Moreover, having high attention to detail and being well organised are among your strongest skills.
- Harvest, plant and package infarm plants while ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Protect the health of our plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the farms squeaky-clean
- Report on harvest records and plant issues using our internal infarm app
- Report on customer feedback and compensation needs according to infarm guidelines
- Ensure daily invoicing of infarm customers
- Perform basic maintenance of farms when needed
- Follow workflow and schedule
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Valid driver's license and UK working visa
- Fluent in English
- A passion for plants, sustainability or nutrition
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye and caring for cleanliness
- Both confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- A plant science / horticulture degree is a bonus but not as important as a passion for plants!
- You can start work ideally by the 30 September 2019 and will be based at our plant hub in North/NorthEast London
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs to take home
- A competitive starting salary
- 28 days holiday
Email CV and cover letter and your availability for an early start-date