Transiris Corporation is an innovative consultancy in the areas of Digital Marketing & Automation, Analytics, Big Data, and Data Privacy with an emphasis on providing enterprise strategy, infrastructure, and solutions to Fortune 500 clients. With offices in the US, Canada, Spain, Austria, UK, and Romania, Transiris is rapidly expanding and offering solutions and expertise internationally.
We are looking for a talented, professional, and driven Data Engineer open to extensive travel (50%) or relocation to California, USA as part of our global team of experts. Travel expenses are paid by our company with the possibility for company sponsored immigration to USA if desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant, professional experience in Big Data and/or Data Lake development (i.e. Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, HDFS, Hive, Parquet, AWS)
- Expertise with one or more programming languages (Python, Java, Scala)
- Familiar with Hadoop ecosystems (at least one of Cloudera, Hortonworks, Databricks, MapR)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Hive, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms (prior experience with AWS or Azure is a plus)
- Capability to provide Thought leadership in the Data Engineering domain a big plus
- Interest and availability for traveling for extended periods of time in USA (1-5 months at a time)
- Understanding of the overall software development lifecycle (SDLC) required
- Experience interacting with clients (meeting with stakeholders, clarifying requirements)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects; excited about solving problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A friendly, positive, and flexible attitude
Responsibilities vary from project to project, and generally include:
- Create innovative solutions to engineer business data processes by leveraging Big Data and Cloud technology, systems development methodology, and industry standards
- Design, implement, build, test, and deploy complex business applications and provide guidance to clients (e.g., solution discovery, advantages and disadvantages, technical implications, etc.)
- Present solutions to project teams, management and occasionally to client stakeholders
- Take full ownership of features and see them through from their inception to deployment
- This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation; salary is dependent upon prior experience.
- This position includes health benefits, travel to USA and possibly other countries, training, career growth, and the opportunity to work with leading global enterprises and experts.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, apply today!