Code Kingdoms is one of Roblox's education partners. We've been teaching new developers to build games online for over 5 years and within the past few years have shifted entirely to Roblox. The goal of our latest project, Code Kingdoms Studio+, is to create a generation of new Roblox developers.
Roblox is a global platform where millions of players create, share and play games together. Every game on the platform has been created by members of the Roblox community using Roblox Studio.
As an Instructional Designer, you will provide aspiring developers with the tools to create their own Roblox games. You will help develop games and turn them into a library of interactive courses used by millions. We want your courses, and the tools we've built within Roblox Studio, to be the default for aspirational Roblox players. Turning them into successful creators will help realise the vision of making Roblox the ultimate gaming platform and a force for educational progress.
The company has raised over $3 million in venture capital and worked with Roblox, Minecraft, and the BBC.
You can try CK Studio+ out for yourself here.
You will be an Instructional Designer working full time on our CK Studio+ platform from our office in London.
- Conceptualise - You will help identify opportunities to expand our curriculum, and conceptualise and pitch new courses.
- Design - You will produce detailed written specifications for each new course, breaking down its objectives into a series of modular steps
- Produce - In collaboration with the rest of the content team, you will take your course specifications and turn them into video courses and written guides that will be used by millions of Roblox players.
- Develop - You will help develop Roblox games that complement our courses.
- Game development - You have a well rounded experience developing games.
- Drive - You are passionate about games and education and are motivated to equip the next generation of Roblox developers with the skills they need to succeed.
- Adaptability - You learn quickly and are eager to become an expert on the Roblox platform.
- Communication - You are confident adapting your writing style to suit a range of different audiences.
- Problem solving - You are comfortable breaking down complex code and development actions into modular steps suitable for learners.
Bonus points (not necessary but would be handy)
- Audience - You might have experience working on consumer or educational products aimed at a universal audience, in both age and locale.
- Roblox - Your experience working with game engines might include Roblox Studio as well as working with Lua and the Roblox API.
Your personal development goals are as important as our business ones. You'll take responsibility for key projects and, ultimately, help shape a growing company. We balance focus and dedication with an informal working environment and relaxed holiday policy.
- 25 paid holiday days, with the option of taking additional unpaid leave
- Private medical, optical and dental insurance, including a zero excess private GP
- Pension scheme
- Macbook, peripherals and a standing desk
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Regular socials
- Quality time with the office dog
We started life as an Entrepreneur First company and are also part of the Blenheim Chalcot venture network. These give our team access to a dynamic and successful startup community, as well as talks and events with industry experts.
Our team of 11 people all work from our light and spacious office in Exmouth Market, London.
You must be 18 or older and have the right to work in the UK to apply.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Code Kingdoms is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you’re smart, driven and good at what you do, come as you are.
How to Apply
Please send us a CV and cover letter describing why you are applying for this role.