Platform is the home for the modern gamer in London. Collaborative and inclusive, this is more than just a gaming venue. Platform exists at the nexus of technology, culture and entertainment giving a voice to fresh and contemporary perspectives from across gaming.
Following the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our customers and partners, we’re growing the team to support not only our central London location but also to set a healthy foundation to follow new opportunities.
We have been building a network, working side by side with companies such as Nintendo, ESL, Happy Face Pizza & Spiritland, Camden Town Brewery, and influencers and communities such as the Black Girl Gamers and Elz The Witch to create a compelling gaming experience that’s accessible to all. At a time when gaming is in our collective culture, Platform’s mission is to be the reference point for modern gaming, the nexus of entrainment, tech and culture.
Join us in a quick paced, proactive and reactive start up environment, where you can pave your way and define the future of gaming entertainment.
Our business is built upon 5 key pillars and many of these are inherent to our comms behaviours:
- BLAZE A TRAIL – We are trying new things and this is part of our DNA we actively empower and encourage progress and new ideas
- GOOD VIBES GAMING. FOREVER – We are fundamentally an entertainment brand and we aim to bring people together to have a good time, together, over video games. Positivity is what we aim to share
- COLLABORATION – We believe we are better together. Inclusivity sits at our heart we are open to all and we aim to work collaboratively with communities (large and small), partners such as ESL, Nintendo, Happy Face Pizza and also a wide variety of brands from ASOS to Ubisoft. This is central to our beliefs the more diverse the team the more voices in the conversation. Success doesn’t exist in a vacuum. This is core to the way we work.
- A CUT ABOVE – We are striving to be the best at what we do. We didn’t put consoles into bar, we custom built a space for video games. Our design and architect team have worked with Nike, Louboutin, Hermes and Apple. We aim to deliver a high quality not only in design but also in the partner we work with, the brands we stock behind the bar right down to the kit we have in venue. and memorable experience and we are trying to build the best work environment we can.
- SMASH STEREOTYPES – Probably one of most pertinent values to marketing and comms. We know stereotypes around gaming and the industry exist. A lot of them are outdated, a lot of them aren’t true. We want to start those conversations, showcase the truth. Share the lesser heard stories and hopefully pleasantly surprise everyone.
As an example we recently ran a Girls in Gaming event with a number of female influencers and also an Educational Game Jam around every day sexism accredited by the UN’s SDG programme.
This is a full time, permanent role
Our business objectives immediately are to drive traffic in store footfall via bookings and events
The marketing manager will work closely with the founder to drive the development and execution of the UK marketing strategy and support on coordination and delivery of campaigns across all areas of our organisation.
Our current media mix includes YouTube/ Paid Social/ PR/ Partner Venue Promotion/Influencer/ events
Reporting to the Founder and Head of strategy you will be a self-starter and team player.
You will be required to work collaboratively with the partnerships team, and venue operations to ensure all initiatives are activated in store and across partners.
Core areas of responsibility include:
- Key role in development of strategy
- Development and delivery of creative
- Management of external agencies – Social, media, PR and Search & Web.
- Social Media paid and owned
- CRM strategy (email)
- Website management and development
- Influencer marketing
- Retail partner account management (e.g. Timeout/ Design My Night)
- Support the cofounder responsible for marketing to manage suppliers, influencers, contractors
- Leading social media activity and media campaigns across all channels and areas of the organisation with a focus on driving brand awareness, customer acquisition, customer retention and sales. Working with our media agency and supported by our intern and marketing assistant.
- Track, analyse and report on development and growth of customer data capture. Using internal software to collate reports and define creative incentives to engage customer database. Knowledge of GA essential.
- Deliver email marketing and assist with the development of a CRM strategy. MailChimp is our current platform and is managed by our media agency. Our internal marketing resource would be required to work with internal management team on content and creative.
- Responsible for event calendar and all event promotion, excluding coordination, including client and partner liaison, contributing to the overall marketing strategy and event programming in tandem with the partnerships and leadership team.
- Liaise with the venue management team to implement venue related marketing efforts and offers
- Liaise with designers, photographers, videographers and printers to ensure on-brand, consistent and effective marketing assets and in venue collateral generation
- Day to day management of Platform’s website, via liaison with our web developer for all campaign related requirements, such as landing pages and new package updates, tracking pixels ensuring content is correct to drive bookings and inform customers.
- Maintain a holistic view of the operations to ensure website and Google business listing are up to date and accurate, and that reviews are replied to and onboarded.
- Responsible for growth of our Google business ecosystem in delivering sales and revenue. Knowledge of Google products essential
- Manage the Marketing intern.
- Gaming affinity is a plus; curiosity is a must
- 3 years’ experience within a similar marketing role or at an agency
- CIM qualification or equivalent desirable
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Digital marketing experience essential:
- Experience of creating, delivering and managing marketing campaigns
- Proven track record of delivering sales
- Experience of managing multiple external partners
- Experience with entertainment / venue brands clients
- Experience negotiating with suppliers
- Knowledge of B2C and B2B marketing
- Knowledge of print design and production
- Ability to manage target expectations and report on KPI's
- Effective analytical and numerical skills including the ability to work with statistical information
- Excellent time management, copy writing ability and attention to detail
- Able to work independently and flexibly with passion, energy and pace
- Fluent, clear and articulate in communication with the ability to convey interest and enthusiasm.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally to deliver responsibilities.
- Highly customer focussed
- Organised and accountable
Technical Skills preferred:
- Working knowledge of GA/ AdWords/ FB business manager
- Google Docs literate
- An up to date working knowledge of social media platform including Snapchat
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Independent and Flexible Work hours
- Fun dynamic work environment
- Co working office space WeWork office space
To apply please send your CV and a very short cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role, what you are passionate about and are keen to drive forward at Platform.