Lavanda is an award winning UK proptech start-up whose mission is to power compliant short-term and medium-term rentals for the global real estate industry.
We’ve developed a pioneering technology platform to power legitimate homestays and homesharing - enabling landlords to profit from the rapidly converging worlds of real estate, hospitality and travel. Our clients include household names like JLL, Aberdeen Standard Investments, Savills and Purplebricks amongst many others.
Having raised £6m+ to date, we’re backed by leading institutional and angel investors and are now scaling the business beyond the UK into Europe and US.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We now invite you to join our stellar team of entrepreneurs and help us realise our exciting vision.
Lavanda HQ is in Central London near Chancery Lane.
We’re on the hunt for a proven and ambitious VP Marketing tasked with powering Lavanda’s next phase of 10x growth and beyond. Your role is to drive and convert global demand by positioning Lavanda as the leading global SaaS platform - in a market with virtually limitless and untapped potential.
You will lead a world-class Marketing team of Inside Sales Reps and Product Marketing Managers, with full ownership of all customer acquisition and retention KPIs. You will be a results-driven individual who seeks to over-perform, and understands that start-up life is all about rolling your sleeves up and getting your hands dirty.
This is a pivotal role in the business, and has the potential to be the role that will define your professional career. Only the very best need apply.
The role of VP Marketing reports directly into the company’s CEO. You will have full responsibility for the following:
- Delivering sufficient Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to the Sales team in order to ensure achievement of the business plan.
- Owning all KPIs relating to customer acquisition and retention.
- Planning and executing all marketing campaigns and activities across relevant digital and offline channels
- Developing the company’s library of case studies, along with establishing a customer reference programme.
- Identifying new customer audiences, then leading the development and roll-out of vertical value propositions and sales toolkits.
- Delivering sales training/enablement.
- Evangelising the Lavanda brand, product vision and values both internally and in the media.
- Working cross-functionally across the business to guide a unified approach to the design and aesthetic of our online and offline customer experience.
- Building a high value network of strategic partners.
- Building and leading a highly efficient team of A-players.
- You’ll be an experienced B2B marketer with a proven track record in successfully leading demand generation activities for a high-growth SaaS business. You will understand the value (and challenges) of working closely alongside Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Product Management in a fast paced environment.
- You will likely hold a good degree (2:1 or above) from a top-tier university. MBA is prized.
- You’re highly numerate and analytical. You are comfortable manipulating large quantities of data and can extract key learnings and insights. You pride yourself on making informed decisions.
- You have a deep understanding of paid, owned and earned media channels, and are comfortable tracking and reporting on established performance marketing KPIs (i.e. CPA, CPC, RoAS, etc.).
- You are comfortable managing PR firm relations, and executing exciting PR campaigns telling targeted, high-value stories to generate explosive inbound demand.
- You’re a natural storyteller and are able to take complex ideas and synthesise them into a simple narrative that engages audiences at every level.
- You are able to assimilate fast and can absorb large quantities of new information with relative ease. You find deep motivation in establishing yourself as a recognised domain authority and industry expert.
- You’re an autonomous problem-solver and confident decision-maker who is able to prioritise ruthlessly in line with value creation.
- You are an outstanding communicator, both written and verbal. You are fastidious in your attention to detail, and pride yourself on your ability to write perfect copy that brings your brand to life. You’re also a confident public speaker who’s able to command large audiences.
- You have a natural sense of aesthetics. You’re a proponent of great design and are uncompromising in the quality of the work you produce.
- You are experienced in budgeting and executing impactful, integrated B2B marketing campaigns across both digital and offline channels.
- You're motivated by being a key player in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- You are technology savvy and possess an enquiring mind. You keep abreast of the major trends and developments in the market.
- You take huge pride in how you are perceived by your colleagues and customers (both internal and external), and are always happy to dig deep and go the extra mile whenever required. You only stop when the job is done.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about the sharing economy, and understand its potential to fundamentally disrupt the property and hospitality industries.
- £Competitive salary + generous equity package (tax efficient EMI options).
- Bright, fun and energetic central London office (just next to Chancery Lane).
- Flexible working actively embraced.
- Generous budget to buy your own tech devices (computer, tablet, etc.)
- Join a highly motivated, engaged team who are working tirelessly to shape the future of the residential property industry.