HomeHero (previously Homeshift) is a growing tech start-up that ‘must-have household services such as energy, internet and council tax in a single subscription. This allows offers thousands of consumers across the UK to manage their home in one place simply and conveniently online. We are venture-backed funds such as Concentric VC, Impulse VC, Seedcamp and prominent angels who have been behind businesses such as Skype, FindaProperty and Prime Location. Founded in 2015, we have grown to millions in revenues, are adding thousands of new customers across the UK each month and we are on the path to becoming a large business.
We are currently embarking on a very exciting journey in re-branding “Homeshift” to a broader, more valuable proposition for consumers - “HomeHero”, a concierge for the home. Through our time serving Homeshift customers, we have validated our hypothesis that they perceive their most valuable resource as time. Our customers want to spend their time on things that are important and meaningful to them – not stress and worry. With HomeHero, we’re taking the hassle out of running a home, leaving customers more time for the things that matter most. HomeHero will provide consumers with an all-in-one platform providing an array of subscription services to quickly and effortlessly run your home, releasing valuable time away from boring admin tasks. To achieve this, we will leverage new technologies such as AI and NLP to build the world’s most convenient way to run and manage a home.
As we re-brand and continue to grow, we are looking for a talented Senior User Research to lead qualitative and quantitative research in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment. If you are up for this challenge, do reach out to us!
Being close to our customers is the most important part of our working process at HomeHero. We believe understanding our customers' behaviour is the key to creating a product that people love. That's why user research is right at the heart of our product strategy and informs our decisions every day.
This user research role is a fast-paced, collaborative position within our product team. You’ll be responsible for designing and running qualitative and quantitative research based on our current business objectives and turning the insights you find into usable insights for all of the teams at HomeHero.
Creativity is key to this role. Home Heroes are problem solvers first and foremost with a laser focus on delivering a service our customers can't live without. The right person for this role will have experience running co-creation workshops with designers and developers and sketching wireframes to help communicate ideas.
We believe the influence of user research should be felt across the whole of our business and you will act as a guardian for this belief, constantly reinforcing HCL principles and holding HomeHero to the highest standards.
- Plan and execute independent research across all areas of the HomeHero experience.
- Facilitate the collaboration of cross-functional team members throughout product development cycle with design thinking approaches.
- Adopt a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methods to answer challenging questions in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with designers, product managers and developers to inform product strategy
- Act as the user guardian - make sure impactful insights are delivered efficiently from defining research questions to communicating the findings
Required skills and knowledge
- You have 5+ years of experience in applied product research. Ideally in in-house product design team.
- You are comfortable conducting research independently, planning and communicating your findings.
- You have experience using a mix of different research methods in an agile product development environment.
- You have a portfolio with case studies showcasing your research projects.
- You are self-motivated with an ability to meet deadlines
- You are proactive and happy to take initiative
- Energetic and responsive personality with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to go "off script" to help teams with challenging constraints
- Extreme attention to detail and aesthetic sensibility
- Not afraid to put pen to paper and draw out wireframes and storyboards to communicate your ideas
What we offer
- Senior role in a fast-growing technology start-up
- Competitive compensation package and equity options scheme
- Unlimited holidays
- Work perks including Gym Membership, Monthly team outings, Paid Team Volunteering, Team Breakfasts and Weekly social tabs
- Paid training which benefits your role
We are an equal opportunities employer
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.