Ideally located in London
It’s a hugely exciting time here at Snowplow. Over the last 7 years, we’ve grown to a brilliant 45 person team that is spread out over 12 countries with nearly 150 customers and many, many more open source users, and we’re heading for even bigger and better things.
At Snowplow, we want to empower people to do transformative things using data. We work with companies from around the world to help them better understand their customers and products, and develop a truly data-driven culture.
To help us achieve this mission, we are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Sales team. We would love to hear from you if your are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, developing a deep understanding of how companies architect their data stack, and using this data to help companies drive business decisions.
As our first Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for working with our Account Executives and Implementation Engineers to demonstrate the value of Snowplow to our prospects throughout the sales funnel.
Snowplow collects customer behavioural data that can power solutions to a wide array of business problems; for each prospect, you will identify their most pressing business problems and show how the Snowplow platform helps to solve these. And, as the first hire into this role, you will have the exciting and unique opportunity to help define how this function will develop and scale at Snowplow.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our Account Executives to identify potential use cases in key verticals such as retail, media, travel and mobile subscription apps
- Develop an understanding of the business problems faced by a prospect, and then design a data-driven solution around their primary use case using the Snowplow platform
- Work with our Account Executives to design and deliver bespoke pitches and demos (often field-based) for different prospect stakeholders such as Heads of Data, CTOs, data analysts and scientists, product managers, marketers, and wider senior management
- Help our prospects understand our technology and approach, including how to best use the different capabilities of the Snowplow platform
- Work on proof of concepts alongside our Implementation Engineers to prove out the Snowplow value proposition to prospects. This includes learning how to design, implement and test tracking, as well as how to write SQL to query Snowplow data in the data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery)
- Learn how to use cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc) to demonstrate the Snowplow value proposition
- Support our Marketing team in building out the solutions-oriented product marketing and sales collateral, covering diverse industries, use cases and departments
What you bring to the team:
- Ideally, you will possess a degree in an analytical field such as Economics, Engineering or similar, or have relevant commercial experience
- You have experience within consulting, technical sales or similar
- You are highly organised and able to manage your time effectively. Working with multiple prospects at any given time, you are able to coordinate with the technical teams at Snowplow so as to best support the Account Executives
- You are a clear and confident communicator. You are experienced in presenting projects or solutions to business stakeholders, both in person and over video conference
- You have strong technical skills. You have some experience performing data analysis in spreadsheets or similar. Prior experience with SQL is valuable but not necessary
- You are willing and able to travel internationally for work (up to 25% of the time)
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package based on experience, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (the next one will be in November 2019)
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee
- Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.