Mid-Level React Native Engineer
Circa £50k + options. London based or work remotely if you prefer.
At Tandem, we’re on a mission to fix transport poverty. We’re a new startup focused on developing innovative transport technologies for people living in towns and small cities where bus services are inadequate and where if you don’t have a car, you might find it difficult to get to work, access healthcare, or get to the supermarket.
It’s a crucial social mission, but it’s also a huge business opportunity. Most mobility startups focus on the 30% of people who live in big cities like London, but actually, 50% of people live in towns and small cities of 10k-200k which are Tandem’s core market. Transport is the largest category of household spend in the UK and many other markets so this is a global multi-billion opportunity.
Tandem has been founded by three experienced co-founders, we are backed by the Zinc accelerator and are working with support from the Connected Places Catapult and the Intelligent Mobility Design Centre at the RCA.
We’re looking for a Mid-Level React Native Engineer to work on our mobile app.
About the role
You’ll work on the development of our ridesharing app that will be designed and developed from the ground up to meet the needs of our users. You will:
- Work collaboratively with our CTO, designers, academic partners and the founding team;
- Take ownership of new product features that will have significant business and user impact;
- Work in a small, growing team with potential to shape the technical and product direction.
- You have strong mobile development experience and have experience using React Native;
- Produce high-quality code – readable, maintainable and tested;
- You’re a systems-thinker who’s excited by the challenge of shaping an entirely new product
- You enjoy being part of a small team solving massive, meaningful problems
- You’re comfortable in dealing with a degree of ambiguity and lots of moving parts
Working at Tandem
What we offer:
- The chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and to see the impact of your work;
- Real responsibility from the start and huge potential for growth
- Working with a motivated founding team that is driven by a passion for positive social impact;
- Central London office (zone 1) with flexible working practices and an openness for this to be a mostly remote role;
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Our work matters. We’re solving one of the biggest problems in people’s lives - our work really matters. That means everyone’s work really matters - we hold ourselves to the highest standards. If we’re excellent - we’ll transform lives.
- People front and center. We're building a company and technology to serve people. Whether our team, our customers, or our partners - we listen properly and engage deeply. Everything we build should put people front and centre - technology serves people, not the other way around.
- Travel together. We really do like to travel together - we want everyone to join us. We're building a team and a service open to all. We help each other navigate when the road gets foggy.
- Anyone can sit in the front seats. We’re on a long journey. If anyone in the team spots a shortcut or is best-placed to drive for a bit - that’s great.
How to apply
If you’re interested in working with us, contact the team via the Apply Now button. Please include your CV, a short cover letter and any relevant examples of your work. We can only accept applicants that have the right to work in the UK. No agencies please.