About the company
LandInsight is a new platform that is fundamentally changing how the property industry buys land for development. It’s a big data platform that speeds up the process of finding, assessing and buying land. It comes at an important time, one of the biggest challenges for the UK housing crisis is tackling the shortage of development land. Our tech has changed the game and as a result we’ve become the UK’s fastest growing PropTech company (and we’ve got the awards to prove it!).
We live and breath our values of ‘open’, ‘empower’ and ‘home’, they are in the footprints of all we do and who we are.
We truly believe that businesses flourish when people are empowered to work collaboratively and harmoniously. That’s why we prioritise team building, high engagement and knowledge sharing in every thread of company. Sitting in our open plan offices means not only knowing the founders, but also learning about the conception and scale of a startup.
We don’t just make empty gestures about our culture - we were voted as the 3rd best UK SaaS Company to work at, and have also received awards for ‘Best at Employee Development’.
Check out our tech blog here
Taking on the problem of the housing crisis creates a host of issues for us to address, including maintaining data sets from over 600 sources, interpreting unstructured data, displaying all this information intuitively, and most importantly building something that will get more homes built! These are a few of the challenges we face and it’s these that keep us all excited to turn up to work. You’ll be surrounded by driven, passionate, brilliant people. Join a mission which is going to impact the country. Join a team of people who will help you learn and grow.
- Work closely with other engineers to come up with creative solutions for property data collection, cleansing and enhancement
- Help our customers understand the cost of land (and potential opportunity areas) by pulling together and analysing multiple datasets
- Streamlining how we crawl and aggregate 1000+ planning and property datasets
- Build solid APIs that enable new functionality across our desktop and mobile apps.
- Contribute to our shared DevOps culture by automating tests and building quality into the development process
- Monitor and measure our AWS usage and optimise infrastructure costs
- Ensure visibility and transparency of the health and performance of our systems, as well as improving system resilience and disaster recovery.
- 3+ years experience with at least one programming language
- AWS experience – ElasticSearch, EC2, S3.
- MongoDB / NoSQL data stores
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) data processes
- Test-driven development, unit tests
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in machine learning is desirable
- GIS software knowledge, PostGIS experience is desirable
- A computing related degree is desirable
- Knowledge of the property sector is desirable
- Flexible working hours
- Professional and personal training budget
- Competitive salary and equity options
- 25 days paid holiday (additional to bank holidays)
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
- Dog friendly office
- Loads of social events, including a quarterly away day, an annual ski trip and monthly socials
- Gym and wellness contributions, and a cycle to work scheme
- Dedication to hiring for cultural fit, so you know you’re going to be sitting next to someone who you want to grab a beer/glass of prosecco with (usually at the free WeWork bar we have available after 2pm every day!