About the company
LandInsight is a new platform that is fundamentally changing how the property industry buys land for development. It’s a big data platform that speeds up the process of finding, assessing and buying land. It comes at an important time, one of the biggest challenges for the UK housing crisis is tackling the shortage of development land. Our tech has changed the game and as a result we’ve become the UK’s fastest growing PropTech company (and we’ve got the awards to prove it!).
We live and breath our values of ‘open’, ‘empower’ and ‘home’, they are in the footprints of all we do and who we are.
We truly believe that businesses flourish when people are empowered to work collaboratively and harmoniously. That’s why we prioritise team building, high engagement and knowledge sharing in every thread of company. Sitting in our open plan offices means not only knowing the founders, but also learning about the conception and scale of a startup.
We don’t just make empty gestures about our culture - we were voted as the 3rd best UK SaaS Company to work at, and have also received awards for ‘Best at Employee Development’.
Check out our tech blog here
You’ll be working on delivering software, growing and supporting the technical teams, being their advocate, mentor and coach. This will involve providing technical guidance, ensuring best practices, supporting hiring, nurturing and developing the team, and working closely with the business to understand key challenges. You will be someone who understands what a fast scaling product and company requires, helping the team through this transition as process and culture becomes crucial. You will be someone who understands that cross-company collaboration is paramount to building a great product, and have proven ability to partner closely with the Product, Sales and Customer Success Teams to achieve this.
Right now we have 3 technical teams. Since we're growing fast, we need to line up our next technical lead that can help grow and shape the new team from day one. You'll work with the CTO and other Tech Leads to establish the new team structure, providing the opportunity to shape and scale your new team from scratch. You will work with our People Team on hiring, training and developing your team, as well as continuing to build an engaging, positive and happy environment as we enter the next phase of our growth.
We have big engineering problems to solve relating to our data (growing and supporting hundreds of datasets), new feature development and expanding our product internationally.
Our Tech and Principles
- Node.js (Vue.js & React), Python, Shell Scripts
- Data stores such as Mongo, Postgres and ElasticSearch
- CI and some CD via CircleCI
- AWS (EB, ECS, Beanstalk, S3) and Kubernetes Cluster (ELK stack, Grafana+Prometheus, Istio)
- A mixture of Lean, DevOps and Agile principles
- Collaborative, test-first, fast-feedback software principles
- A focus on *nix tooling and open source software
- Strong proficiency in engineering
- Strong competency in leading and managing a team, and proving ability to champion a positive and engaged team culture
- Start up experience with scaling teams and implementing solid QA processes
- 10 years+ experience in engineering
- Cloud management experience (AWS, Azure or Google)
- Experience in Postgres, MongoDB.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate well with Product teams
- AWS experience – ElasticSearch, EC2, S3.
- SaaS product development experience
- Knowledge of the property sector
- ETL data processes
- Mobile app development, React Native
- Security best practices
- Flexible working hours
- Professional and personal training budget
- Competitive salary and equity options
- 25 days paid holiday (additional to bank holidays)
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
- Dog friendly office
- Loads of social events, including a quarterly away day, an annual ski trip and monthly socials
- Gym and wellness contributions, and a cycle to work scheme
- Dedication to hiring for cultural fit, so you know you’re going to be sitting next to someone who you want to grab a beer/glass of prosecco with (usually at the free WeWork bar we have available after 2pm every day!)