Operations Lead - Sustainable Construction Tech Startup - Salary (Rapidly Increasing) + Equity
We are a VC backed pre-seed early stage startup at an exciting time of explosive growth. We are transforming the concrete industry through digitisation and smart technology to drastically reduce waste. We have the support of London Waste And Recycling Board, Carbon Trust, and a well known global VC.
Concrete is the 2nd most used material in the World behind water. Every hour in London eleven truckloads of perfectly good concrete is wasted, with a value of £15k and a carbon footprint of 23 tonnes. We are tackling this problem head on by reducing disposal costs for construction companies, providing huge productivity benefits for concrete companies and creating a brand new on demand market for discount, high quality, low carbon concrete.
We are currently building our tech platform to manage and automate this exciting new business model and need an operations lead to facilitate and execute transactions of surplus concrete, be the point of contact for our customers and to gather key data sets to inform the build of the platform. You could be a site engineer, project manager, work for a concrete or be a logistics/supply chain person. You will have 1-3 pqe in construction/concrete and will report to the CEO.
You can expect a salary in line with an early stage startup plus equity in the business. As one of our first hires this is a huge opportunity for explosive career growth as the company plans to scale globally, rapidly. We already have some of the worlds largest concrete & construction companies on board and are excited to disrupt an entire industry. You will be working between site and our amazing office in WeWork next to the Walkie Talkie building in the city, equipped with great views, free beer (5pm-9pm weekdays), foosball, table tennis and the comfiest sofas you will ever sit on.
If it sounds like you fit the bill and you’d like to join us on our journey please drop us an email or give us a call. Come and join us, work with some seriously cool tech all whilst saving the planet, what’s not to love?
- Collaborating with other senior management to formulate strategy
- Executing sales strategy
- Key client interface
- Develop operational procedures
We are looking for an Operations Lead to oversee daily activities across functions such as sales, client management & day to day operations.
Head of Operations responsibilities include designing policies, overseeing customer service and implementing technology solutions. You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business. If you’re also committed to productivity and compliance, we’d like to meet you.
You will have experience in the construction industry having worked on major projects. Your communication skills will be second to none and you will be comfortable building relationships with individuals from all levels of the business from boardroom to site. You will have a passion for sustainability, efficiency and be committed to the company's vision of a world without waste.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our operations run smoothly, that people are productive & our customers are happy.
- Formulate business strategy with others in the executive team
- Design policies that align with overall strategy
- Implement efficient processes and standards
- Coordinate customer service operations and find ways to ensure customer retention
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection)
- Oversee the implementation of technology solutions throughout the organization
- Manage contracts and relations with customers, vendors, partners and other stakeholders
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Oversee expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize costs and benefits
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager, Project Manager, Construction Manager or similar leadership role in construction/concrete industry.
- Familiarity with all business functions including HR, finance, supply chain and IT
- Experience with implementing IT systems
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Good with numbers and financial planning
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- Analytical mind
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management
If you are interested in this opportunity please give us a call or forward your resume and cover letter to the details below:
Phill White, Founder & CEO