We're building the world's Elastic Workforce - reinventing work and re-telling its story.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams. Customers use our platform to scope any technical project and be matched with a fully managed Elastic Team to deliver. Our Elastic Teams are a collection of engineers and data scientists from the top tier of remote freelancers around the world.
We have recently secured £3m in seed funding and are now hiring a number of exciting roles for exceptional growth ahead. Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
We are looking for an exceptional Engineering Lead to support and coach our high-performing engineers and help shape and drive both technical product decisions and engineering practices.
You will be joining the company at an exciting stage as our Elastic Team and deliveries completed through the platform continue to rapidly grow. Our Elastic teams have delivered products for everyone, from massive financial organisations to bleeding edge tech startups building their first products. At Distributed, you will get to work on it all.
- Manage and motivate a growing team of fully distributed remote engineers while also being a hands-on engineer yourself.
- Ensuring technical excellence by setting a high bar for our engineering practices and delivery, developing tools, processes, and documentation to scale our platform and team.
- Leading technical decisions on behalf of our team and customers that will shape the future of the Distributed platform.
- Mentoring using your interpersonal skills to help the engineering team work through technical challenges. You’ll help them improve and develop over time to meet their personal career objectives.
- Have experience managing the performance and development of high-performing engineers.
- Have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- Your previous titles may include Senior Developer, Tech Lead or Engineering Manager.
- Get excited about designing and implementing complex web applications
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building scalable and highly reliable SaaS/PaaS applications.
- Experience in enterprise SaaS
- Experience managing fully remote teams.
- Competitive salary (£70,000-£100,000 depending on experience) and equity available.
- Employee pension plan.
- Private healthcare.
- Catered team lunches provided every Friday.
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays).
Why you'll love working at Distributed
We are a high performing team of around 20 people based near Shoreditch. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans and private healthcare. We host regular company socials, weekly catered lunches and the office is full of snacks, coffee and beers on tap.
We value learning and will help you with your personal development in every way we can. The team regularly exchange books, podcasts, recommended readings and we actively support further education. Our mission is to help you succeed and flourish within the company and your career.