We’re Craft Gin Club - a Sunday Times Fast Track 100 UK startup and the world’s biggest gin subscription service.
Ever since our founders pitched successfully on Dragons’ Den, we’ve been hard at work, scouting the country - and the globe! - to find the world's finest small-batch gins. Every month, we send thousands of gin lovers across the country a surprise box packed with craft gins, mixers, foodie treats and our club magazine.
This is a newly created role within our ever-growing marketing team that will help grow and engage the biggest gin community in the world and support the CRM Lead with the execution of our email strategy.
You will own our email marketing calendar and develop engaging communications for our club members, lapsed customers and prospects.
This will include the implementation of a suite of automated email programmes alongside developing a rigorous A/B testing programme and reporting structure.
Detail-oriented and analytical, you will continuously improve the use of our marketing automation tool to maximise email performance, develop engaging and creative emails to ensure email reaches channel KPIs and have a good grasp of both retention and acquisition marketing principles.
- Work closely with the marketing team and our in-house content producers to build and deliver best-in-class weekly campaigns
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns including the set-up, scheduling, and deployment of one-time, recurring, and triggered campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximise conversion and e-commerce sales
- Grow our emailable database to drive future customer acquisition
- Ensure our email database and lists are fully up to date, well-managed and segmented
- Develop and manage an A/B testing programme to optimise campaign performance
- Support the CRM Lead in the development of a clear CRM strategy
- Ensure campaigns comply with the latest email and data best practices
- Analyse and report on all email campaigns, producing reports on performance of key metrics and making recommendations for improvement
Experience & Skills
- True team player with excellent communication skills
- Real enthusiasm about project management
- Experience in creating engaging email marketing campaigns using an ESP
- Some basic knowledge of HTML and Photoshop is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of customer journeys and retention, acquisition and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Central London location (Fitzrovia)
- Pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 holidays
- Real career progression opportunities, with the chance to grow as we do
- Dynamic working environment in our small and dedicated team
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly gin tasting
- Free Gin of the Month box every month