Application Closing Date: Wednesday 18th September
Start Date: 7th October (or as soon as possible)
Location: London or Oxford, open to remote working
(for the first 3 months of employment the successful candidate will be expected to work from one of our offices to complete training)
Salary: £12 per hour + Commission of £30 per booked customer
Hours: 15 hours per week across evenings and weekends (day time working could be arranged for the right candidate)
To Apply - Send your CV and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
The Role - Why
At School Space we help schools earn additional money by letting out their spaces on evenings and weekends. This additional income is generated by customers paying to use their spaces. Our Customer Sales Team are responsible for working with new customers. Our customers our community groups ranging from all types of sports, dance and wellness groups to religious gatherings, tutor groups and one off events.
We are looking for a new member to join our Customer Sales Team to outreach to new customers in the local areas near our partner schools.
The Role - How
You will be responsible for qualifying new leads for our partner schools which will be passed to our Community Partnership Executive who will finalise the details and confirm the booking with the new customer.
Your role will therefore include:
- Getting to grips with new partner schools, their spaces and the surrounding area
- Creating lists of potential customers to reach out to
- Phone, email and social media outreach to potential customers
- Having successful conversations with new potential customers about their current space and selling them our spaces
- Following up with positive calls over email
- Conducting qualifying calls to confirm a lead is hot
- Tracking your activities and making detailed notes in our CRM system
- Passing hot deals on to our Community Partnership Executive with enough details that they are able to close the sale
You will also partake in weekly sales meeting, training and brainstorming sessions.
What we want from you:
For applicants for this role we are looking for:
- Some experience working with customers (in a sales or customer service role)
- An interest in selling
- A willingness to pick up the phone and talk to lots of new people
- A self-starter - someone who can work independently and is happy to try new ideas
- Good written and verbal skills
- Resilience - sometimes people are going to say no!
- A motivation to hit targets
- Some technical aptitude in order to use our CRM system, email and track results
- Someone who is happy to give and receive feedback to colleagues
- An eagerness to work in a start-up environment where we will constantly be trying to improve processes
School Space - Why
Like it or not, funding plays a critical role in a schools ability to deliver a great education, and we are unfortunately facing a funding cut crisis in the UK, the scale of which hasn’t been seen since WW2. This is the first problem we’re trying to solve.
Secondly, a recent study (conducted by the Eden project) identified that disconnected communities cost the UK economy over £32 billion/year. Extensive research has concluded that people feel happier, safer and more content when they live in connected communities and know their neighbours. Across the UK, connected communities are simply not happening.
This is where School Space comes in.
School Space - How
Schools have lots of spaces that sit empty on evenings, weekends, and holidays. We work with schools across the South East to help them let their spaces to community groups, which not only increases school income, it also makes affordable spaces available to the locals which in turn helps to build a thriving school at the center of a thriving community.
School Space - Team
Founders James and Jemma have been working on this problem for 8 years. We started the 19/20 academic year with 41 partner schools who, over the past 3 years we have raised almost £1 million for. The company has also been nominated for numerous awards including Jemma and James being recognised in Forbes’ ‘30 Under 30’ list and School Space being named one of Escape the Cities Top 100 employers.
Our team are committed to the social mission of our company and working to help the business grow (and help more schools!). We hold daily stand ups to keep everyone in the loop and ‘Party Calls’ at 5pm every Friday to share success from the week. We hold a monthly social every month to get the whole team together (particularly those who work remotely!). Activities have included going to cricket matches, punting in Oxford, bowling and cocktail making.
The team come from a range of backgrounds and experience with some recent grads and some industry veterans. In the mix we have a keen martial artist, a man who can name and rate every restaurant within a 20 min walk of our office, Oxbridge graduates, an Olympic torch bearer and a woman who once ran a marathon on a bet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.