Strange Thoughts - Creative Account Manager
Full time graduate role based in our offices in Borough.
About Strange Thoughts
Strange Thoughts is an award-winning agency which looks to question what creativity within marketing actually is, and how it looks. Working for a variety of global clients from different industries, Strange Thoughts’ work is never the same, making TV ads for a gaming retailer one moment and an internet connected pair of trainers for a sportswear brand the next. Our goal, since 2014, has been to deliver amazing, tech-led, creative for bold brands. We have a unique model of crowd-sourcing expertise from the cutting edge of technology and creative through a network which allows very different minds to co-create, a process we like to call Radical Collaboration. We believe that innovation and creativity cannot thrive in a contained environment, so draw upon our global network for idea generation, with incredible results. We act as the translators of talent enabling us to pair the perfect Strange Thinkers with every client's needs.
Rarely idle, our network is ever-generating amazing ideas, which have included drones that collect cloud water to use in the brewing process for a beer called Sky.P.A (Innis and Gunn), a dog collar that allows pet owners to understand what their furry friend is thinking (Fetch) and a mind controlled beer pouring robot (Marriott Hotels).
About the role
As an employee for the Strange Thoughts your role will be varied and (hopefully) exciting. You will very quickly become a crucial part of the agency, working with high profile clients to deliver great work. We believe that being thrown in at the deep end is the best way to learn and have a fulfilling start to your working life, and although you’ll have a strong support network you will be expected to take initiative and get involved from your first day:
Full time in our offices in Borough.
- Be involved in the day to day running of the agency, working closely with clients and with our accounts team on current briefs and campaigns.
- Take part in highly-caffeinated creative shout-abouts when briefs come in from brands, then write up ideas and deliver them in the form of a presentation deck.
- Interact with our network to ideate creative solutions and help our team commercialise them.
- Travel with Thirsty Thoughts (our robot hire business) to run activations on behalf of our clients (very strong possibility of international travel).
- Active business development, looking for new opportunities for the agency.
- Attend client meetings with our sales and accounts teams, meeting new and existing clients, both growing the agencies network and your personal professional network.
Who we’re looking for
We know that brilliant marketeers don’t have to study marketing and communications, so we welcome applications from anyone who believes they can do the job, but we’d like to see:
- A highly creative mind mixed with commercial awareness, with the ability to understand a brief and deliver a well thought out solution that will help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Strong written and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with all our team.
- Excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to see multiple creative projects through to completion from brief to production.
- An interest in emerging technology and it’s capabilities.
- Ideally some experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and Google Apps (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
Who you are
- You have a hunger to learn and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You have huge drive and ambition - you want to build something great, not just for yourself but also for the team around you.
- You are open-minded and flexible - you’re happy to respond to changing circumstances and priorities while keeping a cool head.
- You’re willing to take responsibility and get involved, learning quickly and progressing fast.
- You’re sociable - we’re a small and tight knit family who enjoy spending time together and we’re looking for someone that will seamlessly fit into that.
- Employee option scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Casual dress code
- Frequent office drinks and company events
- Work from home opportunities