Location: peckhamlevels.org (with some home working)
Type: full time permanent
Pay: £70-100k+ depending on experience
We're building a groundbreaking legal app which is intended to open up legal services & access to justice to the average person, globally. This is currently Beta, and will be a start to finish venture.
From the team that brought you www.monacosolicitors.co.uk, the concept of the app is to give people video calls with a lawyer at the press of a button, to deal with their problems like employment, matrimonial, tax and property. Most people have never used a lawyer (other than perhaps for conveyancing) and we want to change that. It is similar to the Babylon health app but for lawyers instead of doctors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference and work with a dynamic and forward thinking startup team. We encourage teamwork and open discussion, especially for problem solving, and we have a real passion for bringing the provision of legal services up to date using tech. In fact, Monaco Solicitors was recently shortlisted in the Law Society Excellence Awards for innovation in technology.
We need a senior developer and we’ve made a video for the role. https://youtu.be/dXMR9RmDG7c
The team and environment
The product team currently consists of 1 front end dev and 2 designers plus a product owner. The team enjoy working together in our unique & friendly office space.
To give you a little sneak peek of what you will be building, our app will feature the following:
Account creation (both Lawyers and clients)
- Lawyer and user profiles
- Calendar booking system with availability
- Cloud stored documents/paperwork
- Provision of advice from Lawyer in paid sessions, including video call
- Payment gateway
- Building React & React Native apps
- Building PWA (progressive web apps)
- NodeJs (AWS lambda / serverless)
- Minimum 6-8 years of Experience in creating Web & Apps solutions
- IT infrastructure and cloud development
- Software architecture design
- Project and product management
- Coding (minimum 50% of the role)
- Analysing requirements and coming up with appropriate solutions
- Setting up the workflow for devs
- Guiding and participating in stack selection
- Project management, agile / scrum
Nice to have
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Opportunity to work from home
- Unique office space (converted multi-storey car park in Peckham)
- Gym membership
- Onsite yoga classes, table football and table tennis
- Social gatherings (including Friday beers) and a collaborative environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Making a tangible difference in the world
- We are based in the creative hub of Peckham Levels, a 1 minute walk from Peckham Rye station, which is 9 minutes by train from London Bridge, 15 minutes from Victoria & Clapham Junction, and 24 minutes from St Pancras.