One-to-one tuition is proven to significantly improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. MyTutor’s mission is to bring life-changing tuition to all. Our handpicked network of tutors work online with pupils from all walks of life, and we’ve given over a quarter of a million lessons so far – raising results on average by one whole grade. We’re proud of the fact that over 400 schools have also chosen to work with us. And that we’ve earned a Trustpilot rating of 9.4/10.
We know that, for teachers, they’re under pressure to deliver better results for disadvantaged students, but have less time and resources to actually make it happen. With MyTutor, teachers can get 30 students into the same room, each having their own personal, one-to-one tuition session on a computer. The impact in that hour can be amazing, and allows teachers to offer personalised tuition to students they wouldn’t otherwise have access to. It builds confidence, raises aspirations and boosts grades.
About the role
You’ll be joining our team to help drive growth at a really exciting time for the business. You’ll be responsible for building and capitalising on relationships with educators at secondary schools and universities. No previous experience working in education is necessary; just a passion for what our product does for disadvantaged students and a love of business development.
What will I be doing?
- Lead generation - research schools and prospects who would benefit from MyTutor and turn them into opportunities
- Close inbound leads - work with marketing to convert interested schools into customers
- Grow and renew existing relationships
- Travel around the UK to represent MyTutor & our products at schools, universities and conferences
- Exceed your personal sales targets and manage your time to hit key KPIs, including activity levels
- Provide constant feedback to product and marketing teams, so we can use your discussions with teachers to keep improving what we do
- 1-3 years working in a sales role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confidence in speaking with senior decision makers
- Excellent telephone call handling skills including questioning, probing, listening, establishing rapport, matching and closing
- Skills also include up-selling, cross-selling and account management
- Experience & understanding of Salesforce preferred but not essential
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
- A work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support
- Training and investment in your learning
- Your own laptop and hardware to use as you please
- Competitive salary and share option package
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
- Tuesday Breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 24 days holiday (plus public holidays)
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with an EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.