SPOKE is the next big thing in British menswear.
Most men don’t want to trawl a 300-piece collection for disposable fashion that changes every 12 weeks - they want a few simple things, done properly. So we're building the UK's first digitally-native menswear brand with an awesome team of customer champions to support us. We're already delighting customers by email, phone and social media, but we don't want to stop there so we’re looking for someone who really gets our customer to join us, and lead this team!
Working within our Customer Operations team, and reporting to our Head of Operations, SPOKE are looking for our very first Customer Service Manager. We’ve already built a great team, but now we’re looking for a passionate, personable and extraordinary person to come in and lead them. That’s where you come in!
We’re growing quickly, and now more than ever want to put Customer Service at the heart of our business. To do this, we need a strong leader than can shape every touchpoint of our customer journey and is obsessed with delivering a positive and innovative customer experience! You’ll know how to deliver experiences that deliver a wow factor everytime. You know how to leave the customer wanting to come back again and again. You have a strong vision for what customer service should look like, and have the know-how to deliver this vision. You have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You have prior customer service experience, and passionately believe in always doing the right thing for the customer.
This is a full time position, based at our head office in Richmond with an immediate start date.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years of experience leading and managing a team
- You have experience using contact management technology to deliver exemplary service (Zendesk preferred)
- You’re obsessed with the customer, with a good understanding of where the benchmark sits for world-class service (and have a desire to beat it)
- You’re the voice of our customer within SPOKE, and you’re our customer’s biggest supporter!
- You’re extremely hands on and happy to work on the frontline, but give your team the tools to give our customer the best experience regardless of who handles their query.
- You have a strong work ethic and go-getter attitude
- You’re highly proactive and self-motivated: you drive change and improvement without being asked, and you’re not afraid to suggest improvements to processes. We’re still a start-up, and still learning along the way!
- You’re personable, yet persistent as well as open, positive & straightforward. We need someone who’s not afraid to stand up for their convictions, especially when it’s hard to do so.
- You’re exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems and working closely with people. You’re great under pressure and can juggle multiple, and often conflicting, priorities at the same time.
- You have word perfect english, first-class written communication and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them. You grasp any opportunity for learning and constantly seek to improve, and shout it from the rooftops when you
- You’re happiest when you’re getting stuff done and can thrive in an ever changing environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- First and foremost, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Customer Service function, making sure it’s performing against agreed KPIs and SLAs
- You’ll collaborate with our Head of Operations to define our customer experience strategy.
- You’ll combine past experience with industry best practices, and use it to build a world-leading customer experience that gets people talking.
- You’ll shout the customer voice out from the rooftops and share customer insights throughout the wider business, including compiling weekly feedback reports.
- You’ll optimise current processes to create better experiences for customers as well as creating Standard Operating Procedures for the department.
- You’ll maintain all customer service systems and tools, including Zendesk and our company knowledgebase. You’ll also ensure that other members of the business have access to insightful information and reports from CS where necessary or communicate information from the rest of the business to your team!
- You’ll ensure the brand tone of voice is safeguarded consistently throughout all communication channels and touchpoints, and make sure that other members of the business act with the customers’ best interests at heart, including participating in cross-departmental projects to advocate the voice of the customer.
- You’ll take the lead on updating any and all customer experience processes and investigate new approaches and technology that will enable us to deliver an even better experience
- Analyse contact data to provide qualitative and quantitative data as well as providing monthly reports that summarise team performance, customer feedback and progress against your service improvement plans
- You’ll resolve, manage and report back on the volume of customer issues and complaints, including timely follow-ups and customer escalations.
Team Development & Leadership
- Lead the team, and lead by example: ensure there is a positive and supportive working environment and lead effect performance management including running, planning and developing team meetings, one-to-ones and appraisals
- Create, maintain and be accountable for team SLAs and KPIs
- Forecast for hiring, create rotas and plan and approve annual leave
- Recruit and develop as we grow, including shift planning for operational peaks
- Identify training and coaching needs for your team. Structure, build and organise robust training plans to deliver a first class service to every customer, every time.
- Create a new onboarding process, and combine this with your training plans to make any new hires as awesome as your existing ones in no time at all
- Ability to see, and tap into, your team potential. SPOKE is a place for you (and them) to grow, and it will be your job to keep departmental talent within the business!
And you get bonus points if:
- You’ve previously implemented a social media management tool
- You have previous experience working in a start-up
- You have previous experience with Zendesk, GSuite, Looker and Shopify
- You have previously experience with retail, styling, sales, or online fraud
We know it’s not just about what you can offer us, so here’s what we can offer you in return:
- Competitive salary
- Training budget
- Employee pension scheme
- A supply of awesome menswear (for you or your significant other), as well as a generous employee discount
- A fun, positive and energised start-up culture
- A busy office with lots of laughs and (mostly) good music
- A fun and varied social calendar, including quarterly socials and team lunches
- A bright shiny Macbook, and any other tools you need to get your job done
- Employee led lunch and learns
How to apply?
Please apply with your CV and a short cover letter, explaining why you'd be perfect for the role!