Join our cross-functional team and your work will involve more than coding for coding’s sake; the apps we produce make a difference to people’s lives and our culture encourages and embraces individual and team contributions as part of an “ideas meritocracy”. Quality Compliance Systems Ltd (QCS) is a fast-growing saas with a clear market leading position in the UK Care sector.
The Android Mobile Application Developer is responsible for the creation of high-quality, industry leading Mobile Applications for QCS clients. Constantly seeking to learn and improve they actively research, develop and recommend practices, platforms, features and best practice that may benefit QCS and our clients.
- Building state of the art mobile apps for a rapidly growing user base.
- Maintain and enhance mobile applications by addressing bugs and introducing new features
- Strong focus on technical quality standards.
- Demonstrate new features to colleagues prior to release.
- Contribute throughout the software development life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of modern development practices such as test automation, Cloud centric apps, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Diligent and self-motivated part of a small mobile development team.
- Experienced in working with a strong backend development team to deliver functionality.
- Interacting with UI / UX designers to achieve an aspirational UX which is suitable for our clients.
- Participating in pull requests and code reviews.
- Regularly assessing and improving anything that affects you, your team or the company.
- Proactively research development practices, products and mobile devices to recommend, research and develop valuable features
Skills & experience required:
- Successful delivery of at least 3 applications on Android OS (mobile and/or tablet).
- Full understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and experience of working with the Android SDK, Kotlin and Android Studio.
- Understanding of at least one other programming language (Nice to have).
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices.
- Able to contribute to the design of REST APIs.
- Mastery of object-oriented programming paradigms – You should be familiar with SOLID and GRASP principles and know that the Hollywood Principle is not screening at the cinema anytime soon.
- Understanding of design patterns and the principles of software architecture.
- Versed in version control and Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools - Ideally Git and Azure DevOps.
- Experience of working with Fabric (Answers, Crashlytics, Twitter), Google Analytics, Firebase, Google SDK, Localisations and Push Notifications.
- Experienced in test automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Understanding of Human Interface Guidelines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and confident when dealing with colleagues and customers.
- Experience of working as part of small development team.
- Experience of working with remote/offshore developers and testers.
- You should be a lifelong learner who is passionate about technology.
- You should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with at least one Agile methodology - preferably Scrum.
Benefits include pension, Perkbox employee rewards (childcare vouchers, cycle to work plus dining, shopping and entertainment discounts), parking paid and local gym membership.
We encourage remote working and flexibility with core hours.
No agencies please.