CardAlpha is an early stage fintech start-up, currently under development, to meet financial needs of SME businesses. CardAlpha is in a pre-revenue stage and is based at Level 39, the fintech accelerator at Canary Wharf, London. CardAlpha will enable small businesses to accept card payments, hold business funds securely in a digital account, make payments via electronic transfers and a business debit card. SMEs transacting on the CardAlpha platform will also access business loans, at competitive rates based on their transaction history and credit bureau records.
We are looking for a Head of Core Services/Fullstack Developer to help with building CardAlpha’s mission critical systems.
- Translating business requirements to technical specifications.
- Designing and developing microservices as per business requirements
- Participating in regular code reviews
- Collaborating with the team on new conventions, libraries, tools and technologies
- Reporting progress of tasks undertaken to team members everyday
- Excellent understanding of SQL and ORM tools such as GORM
- Strong understanding of software development and ability to apply this knowledge to various programming languages – we are using mostly Golang but the environment is polyglot
- Experience with GRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Experience with scalable APIs and microservices
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks and test driven development
- Familiarity with git
- Familiarity with docker and kubernetes
Nice to have(s)
- IOS development experince with Swift
- Basic HTML and JS experience
- Experience building solutions for cloud-based environments (e.g. GCP)
- Advanced understanding of Kubernetes and GKE
- Team management experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit
Head of Core Services will be a member of the founding team and is expected to initially contribute 60-80 hours in a month and will be compensated via “START-UP EQUITY ONLY”. The contribution and role may potentially change to a full time position with normal working hours and incremental benefits, post later stage funding and full commercial rollout of CardAlpha.
Job Type: Part-time