Android Mobile Engineer
At Printt we want to re-invent the printing experience to be easy, enjoyable and ethical.
In 2014 our founders Philip, Marat and Ruslan embarked on a journey to make printing convenient and affordable for students. Having recently graduated from university themselves they found they had spent, what felt like the majority of their course, trying to print.
Following our early success in 2016 we expanded our network to an additional 200 locations across the biggest student accommodation providers in the UK and by 2018 we hit 150K customers when we launched our new delivery service.
We are now working to bring the next generation of our product to the mass-market by 2020, if you’re interested in joining our journey please look at the vacancies below.
We are looking for a qualified Mobile developer to join our Engineering team. You will be working with our engineers to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications.
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you. As a Mobile developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, you should be able to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Google Play store
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Kotlin or Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs such as Pusher, Facebook and Stripe
- Experience with using local databases such as SQLite or Realm
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Good spoken english
- 28 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to take more when you need it; we all need a break.
- Discounted printing. Print anything you want totally for free at any of our printing locations, all employees get free printing.
- Flexible hours. We measure on impact delivered not hours worked.