The Business of Fashion is seeking a driven, passionate and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to help us build and manage infrastructure of a fast-growing, startup media company. With your strong background in AWS, Hashicorp tools, linux and automation, you’ll help evolve our Docker based infrastructure platform with Terraform, Nomad, Consul and Vault.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As an integrated and highly organized member of the Technology team, you’ll work closely with the platform team, wider engineering team and other key stakeholders to help deliver solutions that help the team move quickly and with confidence to drive business goals.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Take ownership of our infrastructure
- Manage our Nomad, Vault and Consul clusters
- Identify and mitigate reliability and security risks
- Educate the team about best practices
- Deepen our culture of infrastructure as code and automation
- Work with platform team to evolve our infrastructure and architecture
- Help the team on the path to Continuous Deployment
- You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
- Independently manage and evolve our orchestrations tools, deployment pipelines, and foundational infrastructure platforms to support our development teams.
- Author and maintain tools to reliably manage our infrastructure.
- Identify and proactively fix security concerns.
- Champion the DevOps culture and work with our teams to foster that.
Our Current Infrastructure
- 100+ hosts
- 500+ Docker containers
- We use Terraform and Terragrunt for everything
- Our QA environments are fully automated. We run 30 of them at any given time
- Key infrastructure management tools are written in Go
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are an experienced, senior DevOps engineer, with a strong background in AWS and Docker based infrastructure, experienced in building and maintaining large cloud deployments. You know to consider all aspects of DevOps such as culture, automation, monitoring and measurement, lean approach and knowledge sharing among others.
Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Expert knowledge of AWS services and Linux
- Expert knowledge of Docker, Consul, Nomad, Vault
- Working knowledge of either Ansible, Chef or SaltStack
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (PHP, Ruby, Go, Python)
- Excellent understanding of CI, CD
- Working knowledge of SQL and NOSQL databases
- Experience with monitoring and alerting (Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog)
- Attention to detail and self-discipline
English, Full professional proficiency
The Business of Fashion
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensible resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion," “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and "The Industry Bible."
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. - -