Our mission is to accelerate incredible careers and develop a diverse group of future leaders. We are building an outstanding alternative to university for the digital age through apprenticeships.
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX professional to join the team as a product designer, helping us build our apprenticeship platform to become best in class. You’ll work in a small, agile team, designing features from conception to pixel-perfect release.
As our first in-house designer you'll be able to think strategically, setting the design vision, whilst also crafting wireframes and visual designs to bring features to life. You must care about UX and creating an engaging, youthful but professional look and feel to engage our clients and apprentices.
THE ROLE OF THE UI/UX DESIGNER
- Producing sketches, flows, prototypes and mockups
- Deliver pixel perfect designs and work closely with the development team on build
- Working with the Head of Product and Tech and the marketing team on the overall vision for the brand
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a limited number of structured processes in place - but a desire to help develop this
- Help build and develop our pattern library
- 2-5 years’ experience in a commercial UI/UX role, ideally for a startup or heavily design led company
- Proven experience with web UI/UX, designing simple and elegant user flows
- Demonstrable strategic product thinking and vision
- Thrives in small, agile, cross-functional teams
- Obsessive about building products that users love
- 27 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Free gifts and discounts via Perkbox
- WeWork facilities - we have a whole floor (including barista coffee)
- Parental leave policies that are better than most startups of a similar size and stage
We believe in social mobility, your background should never determine your destination. Our mission is to accelerate incredible careers and develop a diverse group of future leaders. We want to address the lack of high-quality, career-focused apprenticeships on offer for ambitious young people and provide employers with the means to attract the best non-graduate talent.
We’re a diverse, fun-loving team in the heart of London who enjoy dodgeball, weekly quizzes, and helping young people into their dream career!