"Machine Learning will impact every industry on Earth, including manufacturing, agriculture, healthcare and many more" – Fei-Fei Li
We are looking for a Software/Data/DevOps Engineer to join the Coefficient team full-time in London. You'll be working on projects with multiple clients across different industries, from financial services to healthcare to app startups and beyond. You'll be expected to take ideas from whiteboard to deployment, to design and build cloud architecture, and to ensure the code we deliver continues to meet the high standards our clients have come to expect from Coefficient.
This is no ordinary software engineering role: you will also be delivering Python workshops, mentoring junior developers and taking a lead on some of the super secret AI-infused products that we've been developing in Coefficient Labs. We aim to be best-in-class at what we do, and we want to work with people who share that same attitude.
Coefficient is a data consultancy offering data science, engineering, machine learning and other AI-related services as well as bespoke training courses. We are driven by the challenge of solving real world problems by combining research-grade statistical techniques with a lean startup mentality and a technical skillset. We have also designed and delivered data training courses for clients such as BNP Paribas, EY, Hawk-Eye and the BBC.
You may be fit for this role if you ...
- Have good communication skills - this is a client-facing role, so the ability to communicate patiently with clients and to explain processes in clear and simple language is important.
- Are fluent in Python and have experience of productionising Python-based web frameworks such as Django.
- Have used MySQL or PostgreSQL extensively and you know your way around Apache, nginx or other server.
- Have good experience of using the libraries in the Python Open Data Science Stack, especially Pandas and NumPy.
- Have a good understanding of deploying applications within various environments (AWS, GCP, on-prem), from security best practices to continuous integration and containerisation.
- Have good time management and are able to prioritise - there will be multiple projects on the go at any one time.
- Actively seek out opportunities to speak at meetups or conferences, or otherwise have prior experience as an instructor or teaching assistant.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge, experience and passion for good coding practices with others.
- Location: This role is located in Central London (either working from our coworking space or on-site at clients' offices). There may be opportunities for remote working after an initial onboarding period.
- Salary/Rates: Competitive.
- 33 days of annual paid holiday including bank holidays.
- Choose your own laptop: any OS, any specs, up to £3k.
- 10% time: 4 hours per week dedicated to pursue your own projects or to develop skills.
- £1,500 annual allowance for conferences & training: we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events & stay curious. In fact we go further and actively sponsor and run various community events.
- Opportunity to be part of a unique & exciting young AI startup, to push yourself to learn new skills and be recognised as one of the best in your field.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please apply below. If you’re unsure, please still get in touch—we welcome applicants from different backgrounds and would love to hear from you.