We trust our development teams to choose their tech stacks, in the platform team you'll commonly encounter multiple technologies such as .net core, Kafka, Akka.net, SQL & NoSQL, Kubernetes. We run our services in Azure and Elastic but are open to any that gets the job done.
We're looking for engineers with an interest in the above, but your experience doesn't have to match our stack. We're interested in engineers with deep experience in similar technologies and also polyglots who are comfortable working across the stack.
In our London offices we have a small team of Software Engineers all with varying levels of experience and specialisms. One key thing that all of our engineers have in common is a desire to develop brilliant, industry disrupting products as well as their own skills.
Our mission is to make it possible to collect or payout in any country, currency and payment technology.
Today Imburse, an award winning company, works with large organisations to solve their complex problems when it comes to simplifying payments in all aspects. This includes providing innovative solutions that our customers get excited about.
We are a leading innovator in working with payment technologies, a sector that is currently experiencing a period of rapid change, always reimagining how money and reconciliation should be controlled in the digital age. Not only are we contributing to changes in supplying guidance to clients and implementers; we are also creating an intelligent platform that opens up user journeys that were never thought possible.
We have a very strong engineering culture that's all about empowerment and ownership: all to solve one of the world's greatest problems.
You're The Right Person For Us If
- You are genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact users all over the world.
- You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers
- You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement
- You believe strongly in test driven development and continuous delivery
- You love building scalable, resilient solutions
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
What Experience You'll Need
- Experience designing and building scalable, distributed applications
- Production experience with .net / .net core / C#
- Experience in building micro services
- Working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- You have built or contributed to a variety of systems, ideally in different technologies
- Knowledge of the best engineering practices and continuous delivery
- You have experience building highly performant applications
- Knowledge of accompanying tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with asynchronous event driven programming using distributed commit logs
- Working with Akka.net is a bonus.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities will Include:
- Proposing specific software changes based on our product roadmap
- Writing and testing the backend services to extend our platform capabilities
- Help build and scale out the micro service platform.
- Deploying code to production, monitoring errors and fixing resulting issues independently
- Planning and managing the database model of your programs independently and performing any necessary migrations
- Communicate your ideas, engage with different teams and encourage debate and collaboration
- Be involved in the infrastructure and deployment of applications
- Writing documentation for your work in our intranet portal and in code comments
- Pair programming with other developers for knowledge transfer
- A security conscious approach to development
- Experience driving automation across build, test and release processes
- Experience working in a full continuous delivery environment
- An exceptional people person and communicator, able to share your ideas effectively
- You consistently exhibit our technology behaviours at a high level
What We Offer
- A very strong engineering culture
- Competitive pay
- 28 days holiday
- 4% matched pension
- Flexible working hours + home working
- A real commitment to your training & development (including paid courses / subscriptions)
- Free GYM at the office
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.