Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 11 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we're seeking an experienced Government and Data Sales Manager to join our world class team helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna started off as a private sector job search engine and that’s still the core of our business. As we have grown, though, we’ve realised that the unique, comprehensive labour market data set we gather and the technology we’ve built to power our platform, are useful for other applications – from policy making to benchmarking salaries.
It is clear to us that there is great scope to build this business unit out into profitable and exciting division and we are looking for someone who can own and drive this forward into a self-sufficient, multi-million business area. Having won and launched a major UK Government service, "Find a Job" in 2018, we have spent the last year building relationships, discussing projects and generating pipeline with key contacts within government, FTSE 100 companies and startups alike.
Based in our great Fulham office, you will work on managing and closing existing pipeline, as well as identifying new government and data sales opportunities both large and small, building relationships across a range of prospects, and executing on opportunities to bring in revenue.
At Adzuna you will work independently in a fast-moving, low-structure environment where you will have the opportunity to help lead and shape an exciting new business area for us. You’ll work closely with our tech and data science teams, and our government ‘tribe’ to understand what we can offer (from simple data extracts to more complex tools and portals), and to implement projects you sell. Their incredible work will help you shine. You will also be able to leverage our existing relationships with Public (the UK’s leading GovTech incubator) and across government, international trade and startup community, which have already opened doors to high level decision makers and will continue to do svvo.
Our opportunity offers the chance to use your existing expertise to help build something to be proud of, whilst becoming a part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe. We offer a supportive working environment, with an emphasis on team-working, mentoring and training. It's fun and fast moving. Join us!
We don't like to put people in boxes, but you're likely to be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- Substantial business development and enterprise sales experience in the technology or data sector, including selling large contracts at a senior level, including into government.
- Proven ability to manage complex multi-stakeholder sales processes.
- Vision and strategic mindset to be able to imagine new revenue opportunities for our data, investigate them and then execute a sales process to bring in revenue against them.
- The hunger to make quick opportunistic wins, and the patience to work long sales cycles.
- Ability to work autonomously and drive your own agenda.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with credibility to work at the highest levels.
- Ability to pragmatically form a bridge from client needs to technical requirements, and to be able to understand and present technical concepts in layman’s terms.
- Experience in working closely with developers and data scientists.
- Passion for, or ambition to change how things are done in government and beyond for the better using data and technology.
Useful extra skills / experience:
- You may have sold data based products before.
- You may be able to bring existing relevant contacts to the table.
- You may be good with excel and able to manipulate data.
- You may have a good understanding of public sector procurement processes and frameworks.
What we offer:
- Market competitive base salary (plus bonus)
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and parental leave
- A values-based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Huge learning opportunity from smart, experienced colleagues
- Table tennis table and a program of team social events
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace, in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway