At Breca, we’re transforming an enormous global industry for the better. We believe there is a problem with the way we consume events. Races are becoming commoditised, with little regard for environmental impacts, whilst the presentation is macho and aggressive. In a large and fast-growing market, this is an escalating problem.
Breca is leading the change. We are pioneering the emerging category of swimrun. We offer exhilarating challenges, amongst the world’s most majestic natural landscapes. We compete as a community, supporting and championing each other, with a respect to the environment central to our philosophy.
Since our first event in 2015, we’ve become the market leader in the U.K. and New Zealand, with 12 races across the two continents. This is just the beginning. We’re building a World Series, we’re launching in new markets, and we’re creating the best clothing line for performance athletes, and we’re doing so in an environmentally sustainable way.
We’re a tight-knit group of driven, passionate people, on a mission to make Breca the most awesome sports brand in the world.
About the role
We are seeking an innovative, driven Head of Marketing to lead all our Marketing activities, from social media and digital campaigns, to advertising and creative projects. Responsibilities include developing and executing a strategy to build the brand in our existing markets and establish Breca in new ones. As well as driving attendance, you will also work with our management team to develop bespoke marketing materials and help shape Breca’s message.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, visionary person to take ownership of, then scale, the entirety of Breca’s marketing functions - it would be no overstatement to say that you will be fundamentally shaping the future of the business.
- Planning and delivery of our 2020 marketing strategy
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Monitor and report the departments key results
- Meet our KPIs for ticket sales
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts
- Analayse consumer behaviour and determine customer personas
- Coordinate with the Head of Comms to boost brand awareness
- Participate in the planning of the company’s quarterly and annual objectives
- Take our email marketing to the next level
- 3+ years of direct experience developing and executing marketing strategies and programmes (if this was in the sports/adventure industries all the better!)
- You have developed, tested and successfully executed campaigns across offline and online channels
- Branding, Community, Communication, Events, CRM, SEO, PPC, traditional advertising ATF/BTF and more
- You’re highly numerate and analytical. You are comfortable manipulating data and can extract key learnings and insights
- You pride yourself on making informed decisions
- You're motivated by being a key player in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- A degree from a top-tier university, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive digital marketing experience is essential for this role
- You will have a laser focus on key results, and will always be iterating your strategy to achieve optimum results
- You’re someone who doesn’t stand for the status quo
What’s in it for you?
- Make an impact: we’re changing an enormous global industry for the better
- Explore the world. Our events are in the most beautiful places globally, and it’s your job to get to know them!
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Work flexibly: we value results, not time in the office
- Generous holiday allowance
- MacBook plus any extras you require
- Plenty of socials and teams nights out
Please send through your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the ideal person to take Breca to the next level. Applications without a cover letter (or a generic cover letter that has clearly just been copied and pasted) will not be considered.