Breca is the UK’s largest and fastest growing swimrun organiser: from a single race in the Buttermere in 2015 we’ve grown to 12 races across 2 continents and we are just getting started. Breca was founded with a simple goal: to bring the extraordinary sport of swimrun to as many people as possible. We’re completing a funding round that will allow us to take Breca to the next level, expect new races in North America, mainland Europe and the launch of our merchandise line to name but a few. We’re a tight-knit team of driven and passionate people who are working to make Breca the most awesome swimrun company in the world.
About the role
The Customer Service and Community Exec will be responsible for all inbound customer communications. Reporting to the Head of Comms, you will ensure a consistent voice runs through all our communications and queries are resolved in line with our KPIs.
You will also be responsible for the planning and coordination of Breca’s Community Strategy. You will set out a strategic and comprehensive plan and deliver this, increasing our audience size and engagement.
This is a role for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are looking for an ambitious, compassionate person to be the first touch point for our customers. Our community is central to everything we do; this is a unique opportunity to both drive our NPS scores even further and shape the Breca community as a whole.
- Providing effective and timely responses to all inbound communications across social media, email and live chat. You will spend time understanding the concerns of our customers and also understanding the complexities and nuances Breca to provide real problem-solving expertise.
- Posting content on our social media channels and providing feedback on engagement to the marketing team
- Helping to implement creative ways to improve our customer relationships and support continuous improvement across the business
- Collaborating with our marketing, comms and ops teams to ensure customer issues are escalated as appropriate and resolved promptly
- Working with the head of comms, the creation and implementation of initiatives that will bring more people into the Breca community (university ambassadors, trio-club partnerships etc)
- Undertaking periodic research projects to help us gain a greater understanding of our market
- Top notch communication skills, you’ll need to be able to clearly express yourself in professionally written form using correct spelling and grammar.
- You are a natural problem solver, you’ll be working in a new area of our business, so you’ll need to create new and unique solutions to problems, rather than learning how to apply an existing approach. You won't stop until you have solved the problem!
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role and a customer-centric mindset
- A proven ability to take projects from idea to planning then execute them
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Providing support and a proven ability to multi-task, manage competing deadlines, whilst paying strict attention to detail
- Helping to implement creative ways to improve our customer relationships and support continuous improvement across the
- Ideally, but not essential, you’ll have experience of working in a startup environment and/or a passion for the startup world
What’s in it for you?
- Make an impact: we’re changing an enormous global industry for the better
- Explore the world. Our events are in the most beautiful places globally, and it’s your job to get to know them!
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Work flexibly: we value results, not time in the office
- Generous holiday allowance
- MacBook plus any extras you require
- Plenty of socials and teams nights out
Please send through your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the ideal person to take Breca to the next level. Applications without a cover letter (or a generic cover letter that has clearly just been copied and pasted) will not be considered.