At Breca, we’re transforming an enormous global industry for the better. We believe there is a problem with the way we consume events. Races are becoming commoditised, with little regard for environmental impacts, whilst the presentation is macho and aggressive. In a large and fast-growing market, this is an escalating problem.
Breca is leading the change. We are pioneering the emerging category of swimrun. We offer exhilarating challenges, amongst the world’s most majestic natural landscapes. We compete as a community, supporting and championing each other, with a respect to the environment central to our philosophy.
Since our first event in 2015, we’ve become the market leader in the U.K. and New Zealand, with 12 races across the two continents. This is just the beginning. We’re building a World Series, we’re launching in new markets, and we’re creating the best clothing line for performance athletes, and we’re doing so in an environmentally sustainable way.
We’re a tight-knit group of driven, passionate people, on a mission to make Breca the most awesome sports brand in the world.
About the role
The Head of Communications will be responsible for the planning and coordination of Breca’s communications. You will set out a strategic and comprehensive communications plan and deliver this, ensuring a coherent message runs through all our communications, including the website, social media, media and PR. You will work closely with the Head of Marketing to refine our message and increase our audience size and engagement.
This is a role for someone with advanced skills in planning and delivering effective communications. We are looking for an ambitious, visionary person to take ownership of the entirety of Breca’s communications. It would be no overstatement to stay you will be fundamentally shaping the future of our business.
- Responsible for planning and delivery of Breca’s entire communication strategy
- Coordinate all key communications activities
- Manage the Customer Service and Community exec.
- Ensure consistency of message and alignment of content
Digital Content creation and management
- Serve as website Editor
- Plan and deliver a content plan based on engagement objectives and strategic priorities
- Ensure website alignment with overall communications strategy
Social media management and strategy
- Responsibility for Breca’s presence on social media
- Oversea content creation and planning for all our social media activities
- Liaise with colleagues also active on social media to co-ordinate messaging
- Apply expertise in editorial content and digital distribution platforms to achieve maximum reach
- Measure and report engagement metrics
Media & PR
- Develop and deliver a PR strategy, ensuring alignment with Breca’s values
- Develop and manage media relations
- Identify any gaps in our strategy that need to be filled externally and manage the relationship with 3rd party providers
- Exceptional copywriting skills: you have a track record across a range of mediums and subjects
- Passion and experience creating amazing global brands
- You have developed, tested and successfully executed communications strategies
- You are a storyteller, and can distil complex ideas into a simple narrative
- You have a highly developed visual sensibility
- Excellent social media skills, you are always aware of the latest industry developments
- Ability to manage, project manage and deliver to tight deadlines unsupervised
- You pride yourself on your ability to bring a brand to life
- Track record in placing articles with the press
What’s in it for you?
- Make an impact: we’re changing an enormous global industry for the better
- Explore the world. Our events are in the most beautiful places globally, and it’s your job to get to know them!
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Work flexibly: we value results, not time in the office
- Generous holiday allowance
- MacBook plus any extras you require
- Plenty of socials and teams nights out
Please send through your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the ideal person to take Breca to the next level. Applications without a cover letter (or a generic cover letter that has clearly just been copied and pasted) will not be considered.