Technology has revolutionised the world we live in, yet somehow travel has stayed much the same as it was 30 years ago. Seatfrog is here to change that.
We’re on a mission to take every journey beyond the ordinary for millions of people all over the globe, empowering them to upgrade their seat and fill the 480M premium seats that travel empty every year with technology that’s a joy to use.
We’re building a stellar team to achieve our audacious goals. We strive to create an environment where you can do your best work. Join us, and you’ll be challenged and supported in equal measure. Ours is a culture with spirit and substance and our people are empowered to make the bold decisions others wouldn’t and haven't.
We’re looking for a creative, adaptable Tech Lead to come on the journey and join our London office. Fancy coming along for the ride? Apply below!
About the team you'll be joining
AS our Tech Lead It'll be up to you to decide how you achieve your mission: to enable and support the team & our culture here at Seatfrog to go beyond the ordinary.
This is a perfect opportunity for a person who is ready for a step up that involves building on strong people and culture foundations with flair, creativity & significant autonomy.
The Engineering team at Seatfrog deliver products that are delightful to use and driven by customer needs. Our platform spans native mobile apps, APIs and data dashboards all driven by machine-learning algorithms.
Since we work in an XP environment, collaboration is in our DNA - we pair on a regular basis and avoid having silos of information, so each one of our polyglot developers will touch every part of the tech stack. From the infrastructure in terraform, the deployment in clusters, monitoring, alerting, coding of the different apps and API’s.
We have 2 native mobile apps that we’re continuously developing for Android and iOS. We also have backend and databases to continue evolving and maintaining.
About the role
Your key areas of focus will be:
- Own continuous adoption and improvement of Pair Programming environment
- Align the technical roadmap across different areas of the business
- Team/people management and development (leader servant)
- Own the technical debt, finding solutions and resolutions
- You are a key component in product vision and implementation
- Interpretation of needs and scope of work from product teams
- Delivery of overall technical vision
What you'll need
- Passionate about delivering customer value
- Committed to delivering agility and passionate for innovation
- Leadership experience
- Obsessed with technology, with a good understanding of the wider landscape and innovations that could benefit our business in both the short and long-term
- You will become the teams technical evangelist, being able to advise and lead all aspects of technical development
- Self-motivated with uncompromising attention to detail
- A problem solver and collaborator who loves a good challenge
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Creative and keen to bring new ideas to the organisation
- A sense of urgency, humility and a drive to make others successful
- Significant experience as a developer or software engineer
- Experience in a start-up is desirable
- Proficiency at generating high quality technical documentation
...extra brownie points
- You have previous experience leading a technical team
- You are keen to work at a more strategic planning level to prioritise important technical work against product work
- You are interested in being a hands-on technical contributor, with the understanding the most important features will probably be delivered by other engineers
- You are a technical agnostic and see value in using the best tools for the job
What's on offer
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a high growth global software company and help shape the future of how travel should be
- A team culture that is truly beyond the ordinary, where we solve problems together to drive the best possible results for our clients and users
- Genuine autonomy to achieve your best and a personal development and growth plan to create a long-term career path for you at Seatfrog
- Free Upgrades and budget for 1 week working anywhere in the world.
- A competitive salary
- Private healthcare plan via Vitality, with added gym discounts and incentives to encourage you to get out, get active and stay mentally and physically healthy
- The latest gear and best tools to enable you to do your greatest work
- Off-peak travel - so you can swap a public holiday with any day you like so you can get away without the crowds.
At Seatfrog, we consider diversity a strength - inclusion fuels our ability to solve problems we never thought we could. Your application will be considered on its merits, without regard to your race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or anything else. If there is anything we need to know to enable you to fully participate in our interview process, please just let us know in your application.