WANTED: A super-organised multitasker, who is energetic, outgoing, proactive, with a passion for taking care of your workplace like it’s your own home and your fellow colleagues and clients like they’re your own family.
As part of the Global People team, reporting to the People Team Manager you’ll be an advocate of exceptional customer service, happy to go above and beyond to ensure that our flagship HQ is the kind of place that people love to work in and clients love to visit.
As Office Manager, along with a team of interns you will be responsible for the day to day running of the office, planning the rotas and ensuring all daily checks are completed to the highest of standards. You will also need a good head for numbers as you will be responsible for assisting with the office budget ensuring the office is always stocked in all ways!
You will also be a first point of contact for the Whitechapel Building (the joint building we share). This will involve attending the monthly tenants meeting on behalf of Unruly, liaising with the maintenance and security teams for the building and being an all round building Jedi!
Also, as part of the office social committee you will be the culture king/queen in the UK office ensuring we have monthly socials and awesome summer and Christmas parties.
You will also work closely with the People team assisting with key People team processes as well as providing a little admin and project support and anything else ad hoc as required.
Reports to: People Team Manager
Location: East London, UK
Contract Type: FTC (6 months +)
Working Hours: Full time (9.00am to 5:30pm, Mon – Fri) although some flexibility is required given the nature of a Front of House/Office Support/Events focused role.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Ensuring the office runs super smoothly, leading on social activity, owning the Front of House, providing exceptional support to the People team.
Your duties will involve (but are not exclusive to):
- Ensure things within the office run smoothly
- Being the face of Unruly HQ’s Front of House and owning all FOH processes
- First port of call for any internal/external queries and visitors
- Responsible for daily deliveries of breakfast and other regular deliveries
- Responsible for Hive members wellbeing in the office
- Arranging couriers and post distribution
- Managing FOH intern
- Ownership of the FOH rota
- First point of contact for all maintenance issues in HQ
- First point of contact for the Whitechapel Building - attendance of monthly tenants meetings
- Assisting People team with ad hoc tasks
About the Role: Key Relationships
- People Team
- General Counsel & SVP People
- A team of interns who support Front of House
- Unruly employees (particularly our Sales Team)
- External clients, guests and suppliers
- The Whitechapel Building team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 1 years experience in a reception based role
- Previously delivered superior service in a customer-facing role (in any industry).
- Experience answering phones with an excellent telephone manner.
- Dealt with a variety of stakeholders (from delivery people to important clients/senior managers), and you have adapted your approach to their needs.
- Previously solved problems in real-time, created work-arounds, and improved processes to prevent issues happening again in the future.
- Experience in leading and managing processes
About You: Skills
You must be:
- An Intermediate to Advanced user of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs).
- A fluent English speaker, with strong spelling and grammar.
- A confident communicator, able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels verbally, via email or over the phone.
- Relentlessly positive with the ability to make Unrulies, The Hive and guests feel welcome.
- A skilled multi-tasker, able to prioritise incoming requests and think on your feet about the most effective way to address these.
- An expert at anticipating eventualities – always one step ahead and looking to minimise business disruption.
- Neat and organised with high attention to detail – able to ensure events and meeting spaces are set-up to a high standard.
- Able to make best friends with a whole host of Unruly suppliers; from the Plumber and Handyman to the Postman and Couriers.
- Practical and logical – You know how to change a lightbulb and can work out how to fix the coffee machine if it’s having a bad day.
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Professional – always providing superior levels of customer service, representing Unruly, and able to identify senior stakeholders.
- Super friendly and personable – able to be the ‘face’ of Unruly for all visitors to Front of House.
- Flexible – able to respond to ad-hoc requests and ready to turn your hand to anything.
- Organised – able to identify and prioritise tasks and ensure they are completed.
- Motivated – you love what you do, and are passionate about doing a great job on all tasks.
- Someone who takes the initiative – always on the lookout for things which need doing, providing progress updates to stakeholders when required, rallying together the Interns to complete Front of House duties, suggesting process improvements and ensuring the wheels keep turning!
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts.)
The Wow Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Love a bit of health & safety.
- Are passionate about digital video, social media and online culture.