B2B communications & PR manager, Shoreditch-based technology firm
Who We Are
FanFinders is an award-winning tech startup that puts consumer brands in touch with target customers on a highly efficient and fully compliant, pay-on-results basis. Our sites currently have over 2 million members with membership growing by over 80k new sign-ups per month.
We want to take this success to the next level and have a definitive roadmap to achieve that. Currently, with sites in the UK and US we’re planning to expand into Europe. Additionally, we want to make our tech offerings the best in our field and we’d like you to be a part of that too!
FanFinders was launched in 2013 after our co-founders spotted a gap in the market for a meeting of tech and marketing. We see the tech as the lifeblood of our business and 50% of our board including our CEO are career developers.
To find out more about us as a company check our site or visit our pages on Linked-In, Glassdoor etc. We operate an unlimited holiday scheme and aim to treat adults like adults, giving you the autonomy to make decisions whilst still being part of the wider team. We are looking for someone willing to stand up for what they believe in and to bring personal passion to the projects you will be working on.
FanFinders is scaling-up fast, both in the UK and internationally. We’ve built an impressive UK client base, but we still need to increase awareness and interest among targeted marketing professionals.
What will you be doing?
So we’re now looking for an experienced B2B communications & PR manager. Your job will be to get our name better known and what we do better understood.
This is a new role for someone with advanced skills in planning and delivering effective communications. We are looking for an ambitious, creative person who will report directly to our CCO and take ownership of the entirety of FanFinders’ communications.
Like any new role, you will have a blank slate to work from and a great opportunity to make your mark, with complete ownership of the product and all the support you need.
- External Communications planning, execution and reporting
- Management of FanFinders’ B2B social media - oversee content creation, planning and reporting
- Ensuring alignment with overall communications strategy across all platforms
- Business website content planning and management
- Managing communication strategy with prospects, contacts & clients through our Hubspot CRM tool
- Develop and deliver a PR strategy and plan
- Establish and build relationships with journalists who cover marketing, as well as those in other media sectors who write about innovative, fast-growing enterprises and their founders.
- Prepare press releases, press packs and media lists for company updates and releases.
- Collating reports and analysing media coverage and platform data
- Identify industry awards and manage submissions
- Identify and secure specialist conference and event speaking opportunities for our CEO and CCO
The person we need
PR and Comms all-rounder who relishes a challenge and is capable of making their mark early. Natural relationship-builder; with colleagues, partners, clients and media.
Excellent wordsmith: whether it’s short or long-form, website, award entries, tweets, blogs, news releases or thought-leadership pieces, you can turn your hand to producing quality material, using lively, persuasive copy and with a close eye for detail.
You’ve had a hand in setting strategies, and have developed, tested and successfully executed communications plans. You are familiar with the full range of PR and Communications tools and tactics, offline and online. Ideally, you can show how your work has contributed to real business benefits.
Media-savvy, you’ve worked with journalists, editors and bloggers. You know what journalists want, have a good nose for a story and can demonstrate you’ve played a hand in generating media coverage. You understand the role of social media. You can grow and engage audiences, using social media tools and techniques.
Highly organised with the ability to effectively project manage
Comfortable working independently, with senior team support.
CIPR or PRCA member, ideally with (or working towards) relevant qualifications in journalism, marketing, media or PR.
- Unlimited holiday
- Uncapped commission (5% up to target - 7.5% over target)
- £35,000- £40,000 PA
- Choice of Mac or PC
- Choice of company phone
- International travel possibilities in line with expansion (US & EU primarily)
- Bupa membership
- Flexible working hours
- Bright, spacious Shoreditch office with 2 office dogs