Perkbox has built one of the UK’s most successful digital engagement platforms, offering employers a wide choice of financial, health and wellbeing perks with which to recognize and reward their employees. Headquartered in London, we have grown from 20 employees in April 2015 to over 270 employees and have offices in Sheffield, Paris and Sydney. Perkbox helps companies of all sizes attract, motivate and retain staff by creating a positive and supportive working culture. We are considered one of the most refreshing and innovative ways to improve employee happiness and productivity.
You can see more about our proposition here:-
And you can get a peek as to how our culture is here:-
Perkbox values are firmly entrenched as unity, curiosity, trust and spirit, and we are looking for like-minded people!
About The Role
We are excited to be hiring a Director, Human Resources. In this new role, you will be responsible for creating and executing on HR policies and processes which will be aligned to our strategy, continue to drive Perkbox’ success, and most importantly reflect Perkbox’s positive employee experience and unique culture. You will lead a small yet super-efficient, curious and engaged group of HR professionals and will be an integral partner to leaders across the organisation.
This role will report to the VP, People.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work across the full range of HR areas including employee relations, talent management, performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development.
- Providing leadership and management for the HR team
- Working with the VP, People, build and execute a fit for purpose learning and development programme.
- Work in partnership with managers and HR advisor to understand the key performance issues, objectives and drivers and subsequently proactively drive the HR agenda
- Develop and maintain trusting and effective working relationships with senior line managers, challenging their thinking and working closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their current and future business needs
- Coach, challenge and advise senior leadership team and managers on organisational effectiveness and general HR issues
- Provide sound advice on all HR issues such as reward, talent, performance, organisation development, change, and leadership
- Identify, develop and successfully deliver client responsive, cost effective and measurable solutions
- Identify and consider the need for change and facilitate the formulation of change plans from the HR and Business perspective
- Lead on `business critical' people initiatives e.g. talent development and tailor corporate HR programs to meet business needs
- Senior advisor to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development.
- With the support of VP, People, collaborate with the Employee Experience team to ensure that all HR processes reflect the ethos of Perkbox and drives a continuously better employee experience.
- Maintain and review HR policies in collaboration with the broader People team and business leaders.
In this role, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent technical HR knowledge through generalist roles, however previous experience in employee relations and/or learning and development and/or performance management would be an asset
- Strong employee relations experience
- Demonstrable ability to support fast paced and agile businesses.
- Demonstrable understanding of the UK employment law framework and be curious about learning and developing employment law skill sets internationally, primarily France and Australia
- Demonstrated ability to consult, influence, and partner with senior leaders in developing and executing people strategies to drive business performance
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the organisation, including with more junior colleagues
- Strong business management, commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to facilitate talent development sessions for all levels of the organisation
- Experience in creating High Performing cultures.
- A strong commercial orientation and the ability to translate client business plans and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results.
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- The ability to coach and develop a highly engaged team
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to coach and advise managers and senior management in order to improve management and leadership capabilities
- Experience in managing a small team
- Ability to solve complex organisational challenges for fast moving scale-ups.
- University Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- CIPD qualification
Are there any benefits besides the salary?
Hopefully you would agree it would be a bit silly to have an employee perks company called Perkbox and not offer our own team amazing perks! The hint is in the name. You of course get all the perks we offer to our customers. We also do regular team lunches, out of office days and team building nights. We also have a generous learning budget, pension, and a huge blow out all-hands party twice per year.