Hardware | Up to £45,000 | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is the leading independent charge point supplier in the UK and we’re looking for an innovative, creative Systems Engineer to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. You will be given the opportunity to take ownership of engineering projects to help with the design of innovative new solutions for the EV market, being able to truly work end to end. The position will report into the Hardware Engineering Director and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
What you’ll do
- Deliver the CAD and material specification for mechanical projects
- Work with our Electronic Engineers to correctly integrate our products at the design stage
- Work with our manufacturing partners and subcontractors to develop assembly and test plans and equipment
- Help ensure are products are designed for manufacturability
- Work closely with other members of the hardware team to come up with innovative design solutions for our ever expanding product ranges
What you’ll need
- Experience using CAD systems such as Solid Works, Catia, NX (Siemens), etc
- Ability to read and generate detailed technical drawings / models
- Comprehensive knowledge of working with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge/understanding of plastics and injection moulding
- Knowledge/understanding of metals including laser cut folded parts and extruded and machined parts.
- Excellent knowledge of materials and their interaction durability
- An understanding of certification and the specification of testing required to achieve certification
- An understanding of design for cost principles
- Time in a similar role in electrical / connected / smart devices
- Working knowledge of bill of materials (BOM)
- Engineering Degree / Chartered Engineer Status or Seeking
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!