Purpose of the role
We are looking for an insightful and passionate User Researcher to join our company of highly talented world-class computer scientists and software engineers from a variety of different backgrounds and experiences. Within our growing User Experience (UX) team, you will be working with our lead customers and product owners to define what problems our users face in the real world, to understand how they interact with the technology in their daily work, to propose opportunities of our product, and to test our product design ideas with the end-users within their business environment. You will also work closely with our business development, product and engineering teams to make our vision a reality.
Your main responsibilities
- Liaise with product teams and define research initiatives
- Conduct field research and interact with the end-users to empathise with their requirements and hidden needs in interaction with the technology in their daily work
- Implement user research using a wide variety of both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Synthesise and analyse research findings and present them compellingly to product teams
- Turn research insights into outcomes such as user personas, user ecosystems, user journeys and user stories
- Conduct user testing with product wireframes by collaborating with designers and engineers to ensure high quality interfaces
What makes you successful in this role
- You’ll have solid practical experience in applied product research
- Strong knowledge of a broad set of qualitative, user-centred design and user testing methodologies
- A basic understanding of quantitative research and statistical analysis
- Higher degree in human behaviour related fields (e.g. Design Research, HCI, Psychology, Social Science, or Information Science)
- Ability to ask and answer product and user experience related questions
- Compelling communication skills
- You will be happy to travel to customer sites occasionally
- Tolerance of different perspectives and opinions, good listening, and team working behaviour
Great to haves
- Doctorate degree in human behaviour related fields (e.g. Design Research, HCI, Psychology, Social Science, or Information Science)
- Basic understanding of AI and machine learning technologies
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ideally some Supply Chain industry experience, B2B
- Attend or present papers at the major international/domestic design or UX conferences
- Publish research papers to design journals
- Take training courses related to the role
We are a world-class, cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers in Cambridge, UK, the global centre of AI excellence, combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before. This integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
One of the great things about working at PROWLER.io is that we prioritise your learning and development as well as knowledge transfer, that’s why we’re looking for someone who is proactive about improving their engineering and ML knowledge and works on their learning by identifying relevant courses, conferences or pursuing self-study as needed. In return, we will make sure you have the time and resources to do this. We encourage knowledge sharing through regular seminars, lightning talks and training days we also host and attend local meet ups.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of over 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of almost 30 different nationalities and we are growing. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We believe AI is valuable only when it enables better decisions. We want to ensure that business is powered by people; empowered by AI.
We offer flexible working opportunities as well as a competitive benefits package that includes company stock options, healthcare, various foodie goodies and a variety of other wellbeing options.