About the role
We are looking to add exceptional operations engineers to our team. You will be building and operating world class cloud computing infrastructure, automating key processes and ensuring that everything is running smoothly. You will also have a keen eye and the required expertise to keep everything secure and threats at bay.
In this role you will interact with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers, researchers, product managers
This role would be perfect for a DevOps engineer who is looking for a new challenge where you can influence infrastructure decisions, build new solutions and work with developers to deploy exciting new products. We are happy to consider candidates at different levels of experience for this role.
What will you be responsible for?
- Develop and maintain operational infrastructure to serve our customers and internal research activities
- Contribute to continuous improvement of operational processes
- Select, deploy and operate tools and technologies
- Automate as much as possible
- Protect the infrastructure and data from cyber threats
- Monitor usage growth and act proactively before resource limits are reached
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need to succeed in this role?
- Significant experience in complex computing infrastructure
- Expertise in Linux, with a working knowledge of MacOS and Windows
- Knowledge of a container technology (e.g. Docker), experience with Kubernetes a plus
- Experience in using a leading cloud computing platform, such as GCP or AWS
- Ability to interpret metrics and logs from a distributed system to diagnose issues
- Ability to automate processes using modern tools (e.g. Ansible or Terraform)
- Degree in Computer Science or similar an advantage or equivalent experience
You’ll be someone who can communicate with a variety of people throughout the business, and who is motivated by supporting and helping others. You’ll have the freedom to problem solve and troubleshoot in a matrix environment, you’ll be free to make decisions when you need to. Learning and mentoring is very much part of the culture here. You’ll be able to cope under pressure when things need fixing and be comfortable to adapt and change as the business grows.
We believe AI is valuable only when it enables better decisions. We want to ensure that business is powered by people; empowered by AI. That is why VUKU®, our AI decision engine for enterprise, is designed to make good decisions in dynamic environments.
We have built a world-class, cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers in Cambridge, UK, the global centre of AI excellence, combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before. This integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. Our team of over 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of almost 30 different nationalities and we are growing. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We offer flexible working opportunities as well as a competitive benefits package that includes company stock options, healthcare, various foodie goodies and a variety of other wellbeing options.