We have seriously big skin goals.
There are 650 million people suffering from acne right now and they get inconsistent advice, treatment and support which has a deep effect on their emotional and mental wellbeing. It doesn’t have to be this way. Our mission is to free acne sufferers from the condition, allowing them to become the best version of themselves.
We’re a mission driven start-up, building a pioneering online dermatology service. We take customers through a simple online medical consultation and provide a prescription strength treatment cream, personalised to the individual. It arrives in their letterbox each month and evolves as their skin evolves. No two journeys are the same.
In order to deliver on our mission, we’ve raised £8M funding from the best-known direct-to-consumer entrepreneurs and have pulled together an experienced founding team from the likes of Facebook, Charlotte Tilbury, Tails.com and Graze.com.
We’re now looking for exceptional individuals that are the best in their field, who are willing to challenge themselves, and us, on a daily basis to build a game-changing brand of the future.
What you will do:
- Work with the founders to define the requirements for the back end systems
- Design the architecture for the back end systems, as required to support the front end and internal tools.
- Champion best practices to deliver well tested, robust software that always delivers
- Contribute to the ongoing development of systems architecture and environments
- Implement systems for analytics and performance monitoring, to ensure systems are always performant and working as intended
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs and services, including email sending, and payment provider
- Design systems that keep customer data safe and secure
Our company values:
- Embrace the unknown - We’re building an incredible brand from scratch and that comes with challenges. Embrace the inevitable ambiguity and uncertainty, be autonomous and forge exciting new paths every day.
- Obsess over customer happiness- Our target customer is fed up and disillusioned and we can change that. Frame every decision with customer happiness at the heart and we’ll build a loyal group of brand advocates whose lives are better because of our unique product.
- Challenge & be challenged- If you think something can be improved, speak up. Your opinion is valuable, in every area of our business. Be constructive, polite and to-the-point. In return, be open to receiving the same, it makes us all better in the long-run.
(If you don't quite meet all of the below, but you think you have what it takes, please still get in touch)
- E-commerce experience - you have designed and implemented elements of direct to consumer systems.
- Familiarity with server side frameworks such as Flask, Django, Laravel, Node.js etc
- Experience designing and implementing cloud architecture and microservices (e.g. using AWS)
- Innovative and entrepreneurial nature, with no need to be micro-managed
- You’re extremely resourceful and consistently seeking out ways to overcome objections and obstacles that may come your way
- Significant equity - potentially life-changing value if you commit to our long-term mission
- A daily challenge - in a thrilling, entrepreneurial start-up environment, no two days will ever be the same
- Make a difference - work within a revolutionary company that is focused on improving millions of lives
- Serious commitment to growth - personal development is important to us and we’ll make sure we support your growth, and give you broad experience across your role
- Support network – the investors and advisors that you’ll have the opportunity to work with have built some of the world’s best consumer companies