At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Singapore, Japan and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
What’s the role?
The products we make have a profound effect on thousands of people around the world and enable the legitimate use of cryptocurrencies. Our clients rely on us to help manage their risk dealing with diverse blockchains and distributed ledgers; ensuring the high quality of our software and the accuracy of our data is central to our success.
We offer a number of web products and API services that sit on top of a common analytics platform that is populated with data from blockchains and our in house data scientists and analysts..
This opportunity is for an experienced QA Specialist to join Elliptic’s unique engineering team.
What you’ll do?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Be an effective first QA hire at a rapidly growing startup, helping to identify where we need to scale out the team and being instrumental in that growth process
- Confidently lead a growing team of multidisciplinary test engineers working across different engineering verticals
- Work with developers, data scientists and product owners to understand existing web user journeys, API services and the analytics platform and use this information to develop a testing infrastructure.
- Promote the use of test automation frameworks across the engineering team, helping developers catch bugs early in the software lifecycle and ensure the quality of our product is maintained to a high standard
- Be the champion of release quality, and work with the rest of the engineering team to create stable releases that we can deploy with confidence
- Raise, track and take ownership of issues and the release preparation process
- Help refine product requirements, to identify test cases and work with the development teams to define acceptance criteria for each feature
- Be the subject matter expert and guide the team on testing practices and strategy across all areas of software testing, including unit and integration
- 5+ years being responsible for software quality within a SaaS company
- Experience creating and executing automated test plans
- Familiarity with API testing frameworks in at least one of Python, Java, Scala, Node.js to test performance and contract adherence
- Integrating automated testing into CI environments such as CircleCI, BitBucket pipelines or Jenkins
- Using containers to build and test software components
- You are diplomatic and sensitive towards software engineers and can help them up their game
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with WebdriverIO and Selenium
- Developing production software
- Automated testing of acceptance criteria e.g. Cucumber framework
- Experience working in the financial services / fintech industry in a similar role
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Private Vitality health insurance & wellness incentive programmes
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny laptop and multiple monitors
- Budget for training materials, events, and conferences
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies!