At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, NYC, Singapore & Tokyo. We are backed by SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
What's the role?
The quality of our data is at the heart of our business. This Data Analyst role is truly cross functional, supporting our Professional Services, Community and Data teams, through the identification and reporting of crypto and blockchain industry trends and activity, as well as producing accurate and insightful analysis with our internal data to improve our understanding of the business and shape the future of Elliptic.
The Data Analyst’s role is to discover value across all of our internal data assets, as well as integrating various third party data sources. The analyst will need to distil these data sources into easy to read dashboards and reports to be used both internally and for our clients. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is used to working with unstructured large data sets and turning them into valuable insight, resulting in clear directions and actions rather than just producing charts and dashboards.
What you'll do:
- Compile data from disparate systems to develop dashboards and reports for both internal Elliptic users, and Elliptic clients
- Collect requirements from stakeholders across the business to improve internal and external reporting
- Prioritise and schedule incoming data requests from various areas of the business
- Understand the complex relationships of our data and maintain consistency of our reporting across various systems and currencies
- Perform data quality reviews and communicate with data owners on any issues and work with them to request and implement change to promote more efficient analysis efforts
- Work with the data team to gather data across systems, understanding changes, and troubleshooting errors that may arise
- Take the initiative to look for areas to improve reporting and adjust reports as decisions change and priorities shift
- Use datasets and queries to generate, maintain, and disseminate both routine and ad hoc reporting
- 4+ years of work experience in a related field
- Relevant experience with SQL and Python for data analysis
- Good understanding of data management best practices and able to demonstrate an understanding of data process automation, ETL and databases.
- Comfortable with quantitative data analysis and basic statistical analysis
- Experience using data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, Power BI or Sisense
- Excellent working knowledge of spreadsheets and BI tools
- Ability to multitask in a fast fast environment while still operating with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of various data feeds and how to access them
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing
- Experience with managing large, unstructured datasets
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Private Vitality health insurance & wellness incentive programmes
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny laptop and multiple monitors
- Budget for training materials, events, and conferences
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
- Being a self-starter and a self-directed team player who is well-versed the domains of agile processes and continuous improvement
- Being willing to roll up your sleeves sometimes to help the team
- Maintain reporting process documentation and train the data team on reporting and analysis functions