We have seriously big skin goals.
There are 650 million people suffering from acne right now and they get inconsistent advice, treatment and support which has a deep effect on their emotional and mental wellbeing. It doesn’t have to be this way. Our mission is to free acne sufferers from the condition, allowing them to become the best version of themselves.
We’re a mission driven start-up, building a pioneering online dermatology service. We take customers through a simple online medical consultation and provide a prescription strength treatment cream, personalised to the individual. It arrives in their letterbox each month and evolves as their skin evolves. No two journeys are the same.
In order to deliver on our mission, we’ve raised £8M funding from the best-known direct-to-consumer entrepreneurs and have pulled together an experienced founding team from the likes of Facebook, Charlotte Tilbury, Tails.com and Graze.com.
We’re now looking for exceptional individuals that are the best in their field, who are willing to challenge themselves, and us, on a daily basis to build a game-changing brand of the future.
What you'll do:
- As the first Product Designer, you will be designing our web experiences from scratch, with real ownership
- Own the design of the online experience from the landing page, to sign-up flow, to account management and continued service delivery
- Translate our brand strategy and guidelines in to digital components and systems
- Work with the founders to turn our initial ideas into incredible designs for the front-end web team to take forward
- Work with teams across the business to solve problems, and challenge everyone to be creative in everything we do
- Run user research & testing to inform important design decisions
- Own and develop our online design process for developing user journeys, designing web components and pages, and ongoing learning to deliver the best user experience
- Lead and advise the business on how to structure, support and run the product design organisation as it grows
- Work with our marketing and acquisition team to design acquisition marketing funnels and tailored experiences
Our company values
- Embrace the unknown - We’re building an incredible brand from scratch and that comes with challenges. Embrace the inevitable ambiguity and uncertainty, be autonomous and forge exciting new paths every day.
- Obsess over customer happiness- Our target customer is fed up and disillusioned and we can change that. Frame every decision with customer happiness at the heart and we’ll build a loyal group of brand advocates whose lives are better because of our unique product.
- Challenge & be challenged- If you think something can be improved, speak up. Your opinion is valuable, in every area of our business. Be constructive, polite and to-the-point. In return, be open to receiving the same, it makes us all better in the long-run.
- Thorough product design experience that you can showcase through your portfolio of work that demonstrates beautiful, functional sites
- Expertise of tools such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Invision
- E-commerce experience - you have designed elements of direct to consumer online experiences, and understand how to create great user experiences and commercials outcomes
- Experience within health, beauty or fashion industry preferrable
- Innovative and entrepreneurial nature, with no need to be micro-managed
- You’re extremely resourceful and consistently seeking out ways to overcome objections and obstacles that may come your way
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability & willingness to work quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Significant equity- potentially life-changing value if you commit to our long-term mission
- A daily challenge- in a thrilling, entrepreneurial start-up environment, no two days will ever be the same
- Make a difference- work within a revolutionary company that is focused on improving millions of lives
- Serious commitment to growth - personal development is important to us and we’ll make sure we support your growth, and give you broad experience across your role
- Support network- the investors and advisors that you’ll have the opportunity to work with have built some of the world’s best consumer companies