One-to-one tuition is proven to significantly improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. MyTutor’s mission is to bring life-changing tuition to all. Our handpicked network of tutors work online with pupils from all walks of life, and we’ve given over 400,000 lessons so far – raising results on average by one whole grade. We’re proud of the fact that over 400 schools and 30,000 pupils have chosen to work with us. And that we’ve earned a Trustpilot rating of 9.4/10.
We know that teachers are under pressure to deliver better results for disadvantaged students, but have limited time and resources to make it happen. With MyTutor, teachers can get 30 students into the same room, each having their own personal, one-to-one tuition session on a computer. The impact in that hour can be transformational, and allows teachers to offer personalised tuition to students that they wouldn’t otherwise be able to access. It builds confidence, raises aspirations and boosts grades.
About the role
You’ll be joining our team to ensure we deliver an exceptional programme experience to our school and university partners. You’ll be responsible for our School Success team, who ensure we effectively onboard, manage and retain our partners. You’ll report to management on KPIs and work closely with the tutor team to effectively forecast demand. No previous experience working in education is necessary; just a passion for what our product does for disadvantaged students and a love of exceptional customer experience.
What will I be doing?
- Work with our team of success specialists to define our success strategy and priorities.
- Manage and motivate our schools success team of one Key Account Manager and 3 Customer Success Coordinators. Develop a culture of ownership and proactivity within schools success.
- Set KPIs and SLAs to measure client health and quality of support and take accountability for delivering against them.
- Improve operational efficiency, allowing us to profitably scale our support.
- Forecasting delivery to inform management and support our tutor supply team.
- Identify opportunities to improve the health of our tutoring programmes, focusing on retention, onboarding and pupil engagement.
- Champion customer best practice at MyTutor and bring learnings from how other businesses operate.
- Prior line management experience in customer success, account management or operations.
- Understanding of what drives people and how to coach, motivate and develop your team.
- Proven ability of effectively prioritising and solving customer challenges.
- A customer first approach to problem solving, you show empathy for our customers and understand what motivates them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills when dealing with internal stakeholders and customers.
- An innovative approach to solving customer problems and improving efficiency, with the drive and skills to bring ideas to completion.
- Experience using customer service tools (e.g. Zendesk and Intercom) to communicate with customers.
- Comfortable setting targets, using data to measure performance and drive decisions.
The benefits we offer
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
- A work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support
- Training and investment in your learning
- Your own laptop and hardware to use as you please
- Competitive salary and share option package
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
- Tuesday Breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 24 days holiday (plus public holidays)
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with an EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.