We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry, starting in London. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across Greater London. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
As CTO / Tech Lead, you will build out the engineering team and drive the technical vision, roadmap and development of our platform. You will:
- Grow and lead the engineering team, including recruiting, performance management, professional and personal development
- Define, articulate, and execute our technology strategy for a scaling platform
- Together with the CEO, help to drive YardLynk's technical roadmap in-line with business goals
- Oversee all aspects of technology, IT infrastructure and architecture, and support operations
- Communicate YardLynk's technology strategy to partners and investors
- Gain and share insights across the organisation to continue improving the product and business
- Establish team OKRs and report back on progress
- Happy to be hands-on whilst the engineering team grows. YardLynk is a Ruby on Rails app, so experience with this technology is a major plus
- Excited about the idea of helping construction companies with their supply chain, to help them deliver projects on time and on budget
- Entrepreneurial drive with startup experience. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos
- 5+ years architecting and building products from launch through to maturity. Experience building two-sided marketplaces and B2B software is a plus
- Proven experience hiring and managing engineering talent
- Strong communicator with great writing skills
- Data driven and highly numerate with a strong attention to detail
- Generally open minded and curious about the world
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out
Why Join YardLynk:
We’re a small, but growing team located near Old Street in central London, dedicated to making YardLynk a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business. You'll also have a unique opportunity to make a real impact and contribute to the success of a rapidly growing startup.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!