The BetterSpace mission is to help everyone protect and improve their mental health. Born out of the Zinc incubator in 2018, the concept was evolved at the Microsoft “AI for Good” Programme and is part-funded by the Wellcome Trust. It has a stellar team, led by experienced entrepreneurs with an advisory board that includes leading GPs and psychiatrists. We’re developing the world’s first online marketplace of everything that is good for the mind, from mindfulness apps to laughter yoga, and early pilots with Linklaters and SME clients have delivered outstanding results. Our goal is to help 10m people a year by 2026, translating into a £500m revenue business. We are now refining the product/market fit ahead of rolling out a unique product in 2020.
This is a genuine “what you make of it” role for an enthusiastic Sales Executive. You’ll be taking over SME sales from the CEO with a unique product just as the workplace mental health market is just starting to take off. You’ll be identifying prospective clients, building relationships and negotiating deals, working closely with the CEO. The product is already attractive, and with planned developments it will become a highly versatile product that meets the needs of all companies as they increase their mental health support. The role will suit someone with a learning mindset, a hard work ethic, open-mindedness, flexibility and the desire to succeed. Your tasks will include;
- Identifying business opportunities in the SME market, drawing on what we’ve learned and using your own initiative
- Working independently and in an emotionally intelligent manner, you’ll be talking with prospective clients to establish problems to solve and assessing product fit
- Negotiating and closing deals, and managing the onboarding process including contracting, payment and the onboarding relationship
- Maintaining a relationship with the clients, feeding back potential improvements to the tech team to continuously improve our product
- Actively optimising your own mental health, taking advantage of BetterSpace’s 4 hours / week wellbeing time and £50 / month wellbeing budget
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience of B2B sales, working at board director level and ideally with the HR or benefits sector.
- Presentation Skills
- Client Relationships
- High Energy Levels
- Prospecting Skills
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Sales Planning
- Motivation for Sales
Our Ideal Team Member
BetterSpace is a tight-knit team that puts positive relationships and caring for each other at the heart of its activities. You’ll want to work on something that matters, to make an impact, as well as make money.
Our commitment it to help people thrive emotionally and financially, which includes fair pay. Basic salary, bonus, and participation in the company share option scheme will be based on the experience and calibre of the candidate.