Luxury Footwear Production Co-Ordinator
Founded in 2016 by Allan Baudoin and Bo van Langeveld, Baudoin & Lange designs, manufactures and sells high-end shoes for men and women.
Allan Baudoin, a computer scientist and Apple alumni turned self-trained bespoke shoe maker, designed and handcrafted the first Sagan in 2014 as his own atelier shoes (n.b. these) - hundreds of prototypes and two years of development later, the Sagan was born - instantly conquering the connoisseurs regulars of "the Row" with their supreme comfort, fit for a modern lifestyle.
When he and Bo van Langeveld, an ex-racing driver turned financier who was tired of suffering in his obligatory formal office shoes, met - they together developed the idea of a modern shoe brand that would combine the best of both worlds : comfort and style.
Our first staple product, the Sagan, is a supremely comfortable and versatile category defining loafer, featured in major publications and sold in over a hundred countries.
Baudoin & Lange are growing! We’re busier than ever, and we’re looking for a Production Co-Ordinator to report directly into Baudoin & Lange’s Head of Product Development & Production (HPP.) This is a critical role for the business at this time in our journey.
We’re looking for someone to support the HPP and take ownership of the everyday flow of information and goods to and from the Product office.
Main activities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and keeping accurate and up to date documentation involved in and relating to material/product research, product development, orders for raw materials and shoe trials.
- Photography of trials and samples, ownership of swatches of raw materials and managing a tidy archive of them all
- Assisting the HPP in communication with suppliers, including relationship management and preparation of sketches, pictures and written copy to ensure effective order placing, clarity of instructions and monitoring/tracking of deliveries
- Supporting the HPP in managing the cost of materials database
- Preparing, monitoring and managing the "matching file" ensuring a constantly accurate list of every product specification
- Generating Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) codes and managing the related database
- Generating the BOM (Bill of Materials) for Production
The ideal candidate will have worked for a minimum of one year in a footwear or leather goods Product/Design Office or a Production/Purchase office however we would be open to consider students from related subjects (Fashion Design but possibly specialising in LG or Footwear, Leather specialists etc) or candidates that have worked in a similar position of RTW or luxury products.
As the Production Co-Ordinator, you have at least some relevant work experience in the field.
What is essential is the insight and instinct to work in a small, busy production role - and a clear passion for Luxury Goods, Fashion Design and Footwear.
In addition, the successful candidate will
- Have a passion for Baudoin & Lange’s products and brand values
- Be hard-working with a humble and versatile attitude (something that everyone at Baudoin & Lange shares!)
- Fantastic communication skills (and fluency in English) Any additional bi/tri-lingual skills are an added bonus; particularly Italian.
- Good, solid Microsoft Excel skill and ability
- Some experience using image editing programmes; ideally with the ability to use Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator in particular)
Other things we’d love!
- Experience in a startup/scale-up or other fast-paced & high-growth company culture