Master your front-end developer potential and build Node.js systems together with React and Electron for millions of users on both web and desktop apps for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Location: Isle of Man, British Isles (UK)
Who is this for? This role is suitable for those seeking full-time employment at Symless in the Isle of Man, British Isles (UK). For those willing to relocate, we're offering a competitive salary, as well as a sign-on bonus. We also provide visa sponsorship and pay all relocation costs. There are multiple vacancies for this position and candidates can have any level of experience, but must be very intelligent. Students and graduates are welcome.
About Symless and Synergy: Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 6.7 million viewers. It's also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a very small company of 10 people, so you won't let lost in the crowd.
What about the role?:Your role will be working as part of a team to build the next generation of our flagship product, developing the user interface for our desktop apps and e-commerce website, as well as working on our cloud infrastructure. You'll be one of 8 others in a team of highly intelligent software developers, learning and collaborating together to build something amazing that will delight our users.
Responsibilities: Here are a few things you'll be doing...
- Build intuitive user-facing interfaces
- Opportunity to work on an open-source project
- Your voice matters, so share your ideas
- Try out new technologies and innovate
- Code using test-driven-development
- Contribute to agile methodology and planning
- Teach others on the team what you learn
- Test your own code thoroughly
- Engage with customers publicly on forums
- Assist the support team by responding to escalated tickets
- Learn from 20 years of development experience
We'll need you to have academic or professional experience with:
- Very strong UX design principles
- Following code style rules
It would also be nice if you had some experience with:
- PHP/Laravel (we have some legacy systems)
- Linux experience (we host our apps on Linux)
(psssst... You don't need to tick all the boxes to apply)
Apply here and let us know in your cover letter your desired salary (yearly GBP), your level of professional experience (none, <2 years or 2 years+), whether you need UK visa sponsorship, and your Github / Upwork URL if you have one (don't worry if not!)