Hometree is a digital marketplace for smart-home and energy services, beginning by disrupting the old-fashioned heating installation market - leveraging technology to deliver an e-commerce service unlike anything seen in the home services industry before.
The vision for Hometree is to build a next-generation smart home company that provides the services every connected home needs. As consumers increasingly buy into smart home security, solar PV, energy storage and other connected devices that will need professional installation, Hometree’s proven ability to link skilled tradespeople with best in class technology and customer service, twinned with its competitive and transparent pricing, will make it a natural choice for homeowners looking for one company to take care of everything.
We are a two-year-old business backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and angels. We have an experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe’s leading startups, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more.
We are looking to hire a Junior Front End Developer to join the Engineering team at Hometree. If you enjoy technical problem solving, paying attention to detail, thinking outside of the box, are organised and strive to make customers happy, this could be just what you are looking for.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain AWS web applications and software architectures
- Write and own/gatekeep technical documentation
- Building proof-of-concept mock-ups and rapid prototypes
- Maintaining and refactoring existing code and functionality
- Work collaboratively across the business in a multi-functional role
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Desirable: SASS, LitElement
- Passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business.
- A self-starter attitude with a love for constant learning and personal development.
- An ability to get things done quickly.
- A team player who works well with others as well as individually.
- Innovation - you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer focus - You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?”
Behaviours we value as a business
- Radical Candour - Respectful but brutally honest
- Ownership - Own your results without complacency
- Obsessed - Customer obsessed, everything else secondary
- Trust in Teamwork - Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Speed - Fast, data-driven decisions and results
What to expect
- A fun culture where hard work is recognised & rewarded
- Become an integral part of a young growing business with high moral and social reward
- London Office (10 mins from Kings Cross, nearest Tube: Highbury & Islington)
- Join one of the fastest-growing European startups in the home services sector backed by world-leading venture capitalists and angel investors
- MacBook Pro with all the software required
- Company Breakfast every Thursday
- Beer & Drinks every Friday