SpeechKit delivers tools to publishers that utilise listenings untapped potential, helping them build meaningful connections with their audiences and bring the world of news to their headphones. Media routines have become fragmented and digital news outlets are searching for new ways to build meaningful connections with their audiences.
We are building a complete toolkit to assist in the production, distribution and monetisation of text-to-speech audio content that will help news businesses reach new audiences, engage their readers and supplement revenues. We are currently servicing more than 100 news publishers worldwide, from local news bloggers to national and international titles, and we’re driven to bring this revolutionary format to ears of millions.
We are looking for a senior engineer with Full Stack experience with an emphasis on Front End to lead a growing team. We've successfully built and launched an early version of our product and are now poised to further innovate and create a solution that liberates news content and helps publishers. We are looking for an experienced team member who is willing to lead an ambitious product roadmap and take advantage of this unique opportunity.
The role is full-time with stock options.
Outlined below are the main objectives of the role;
- Lead Front End development of customer dashboard, audio players and integrations.
- Oversee development of Back End infrastructure in collaboration with the existing team.
- Innovate bringing new solutions to the product, creating efficiencies and new value.
- Collaborate with founders on the product roadmap and meet new customer requests.
- Lead development team, pushing to meet deadlines and mentoring junior members.
We are situated in Central London, however, we work around remote preferences allowing team members to work from home, or abroad, offering concessions on travel and other kicks.
What we would like to find in a candidate;
- A good understanding and experience with the following technologies (preferably both);
- Experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining APIs.
- Experience with DevOps, Heroku, AWS, GCP and Nginx.
What would make you stand out;
- Experience leading small development teams in an Agile way (Scrum or Kanban).
- Knowledge of React, ELK and WordPress Plugin development.
- Experience with HTML5 and media streaming.
- Experience with VAST audio ad serving.
We are a young team who have been chasing a vision for on-the-go audio news for the best part of a decade. The two founders have 10 years experience running startups between them and Speechkit is an evolution of two previous startups that have moulded a business that has hit a sweet-spot in an emerging market.