UK schools spend well over £2bn per year on covering short term absences with supply teachers. The current model is exclusively reliant on agencies that charge a massive commission and are terribly inefficient (everything is paper and phone-call based). We are consolidating this analogue, fragmented, and inefficient marketplace onto a digital platform. Think Uber for supply teachers. In the process we'll pull hundreds of millions of waste out of the education system and have a huge positive impact on teachers and schools.
We are a Social Enterprise that is well-funded by high-profile investors. We have had significant early traction, and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a hyper-growth EdTech startup in a senior position. As the Head of Marketing you will own the end-to-end marketing to both sides of the marketplace and manage the marketing team.
- Own our overall marketing efforts across all channels
- Craft & execute marketing campaigns to attract schools & teachers to Zen Educate.
- Maintain our marketing budget and ensure we are in line with our forecasts
- Own Zen Educate’s brand identity
- Develop and communicate our core brand messages across all our channels including content, CRM, and social
- Work closely with the Teacher success and School Success team to more efficiently drive leads through the funnel.
- Lead our in-house marketing team (currently 2 marketing managers)
- Contribute in key decision making about the company as part of the senior management team
- Experiment in creative new channels to drive growth
- Collate, analyse, and communicate to the entire company on progress of marketing initiatives
- Get your hands dirty. Like any true start-up, no two weeks will be the same and a general interest in ‘mucking in’ and just getting the job done is crucial
Our ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable excellence in senior marketing roles (5+ years) – ideally in a B2B setting for successful start-ups
- Deep knowledge of a variety of marketing areas including but not limited to Brand, CRM, PPC, Content and PR
- Growth mindset – dedicated to growing your skills as a professional and ready to step into owning an entire marketing function
- Passion for the education sector and commitment to the company’s success
- Strong bias to action
- Passion for education is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company
- 25 days holiday
- Convenient Central London office
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- Summer hours, lunch-time yoga, free fresh fruit and various other perks