Please note we do not sponsor work permit. You must be entitled to work in the UK. No agencies, please.
Job Title: Property & Client Onboarding Internship Role in Operations Team in Oasis Living.
Hours: Full Time
Joining: Start Immediately
Location: Partly in London Office (Mayfair), Partly on-site in various properties - London, West Midlands, Surrey, Hertfordshire
We are not looking for students who will go back to school after internship but looking for suitable candidates who we can offer a full time role post internship only.
Ideally looking for a someone with a business degree and some experience in real estate and/or interior decoration field
Oasis Living is a tech and data-driven property & lifestyle hospitality for the millennials. We use technology at every step find high-quality tenants, and manage our housekeeping & property maintenance services, ensuring low churn, achieve near-zero void periods and preserve property value.
We manage over 100 units in London, Birmingham, Surrey, Hertfordshire and looking to expand in UK and internationally after having proven the model over a few business cycles
About the founder
Sam Ghosh is a London-based tech-entrepreneur and founder of Oasis Living
Sam co-founded Earthmiles as a CTO. Earthmiles focuses on health-rewards and incentives (https://earthmiles.co.uk/)
Also a Partner at Gattaca, an algorithmic trading firm, specializing in cryptocurrencies.
Prior to that, Sam worked in banking/hedge funds for over 10 years between London and Hong Kong, and then joined a city-based fund with colleagues from Societe Generale ( http://www.voltairecap.com/).
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sam7/
We are looking for a versatile , a jack-of-many-trades who will work very closely each day with the Founder and the business and operations team and expand the business in UK.
Your aim will be to prove your mettle and be indispensible in our business by end of internship and get a good full time position at the end
Your main role will be to take new properties we onboard from the first glance we have at them to fully ready property ready for our tenants to move in
- View the property at the very onset with the team and identify the strenghts and weaknesses and do a SWOT analysis on how will we operate the property in our system
- Liaise with the property owner (usually a corporate landlord or an asset management company) and do help in understanding the specs of what furniture they will provide, what we will purchase, how high a spec we want
- Do budgeting along with founder to understand the spend for furniture, soft furnishings, white goods
- Produce Gantt charts to clearly produce timelines of when what will be done, and ensure that the whole team sticks to the plan. You will be the glue between the various teams to ensure that the new properties get up and running as serviced apartments.
- Be creative and understand what soft furnishings you need to purchase to make the property look appealing
- Purchase the necessary items, from IKEA, Dunelm, - coordinate their delivery, at times be on site to receive them and distribute them across the various units
- Coordinate with maintenance, handymen team and housekeeping team to ensure your project timelines are met
- Work on documentation and produce clear documentation of Wifi, How to use various appliances, emergency procedures, and every other step we need for operating the flats over the future
- Hand over the project to operations team and still be involved for the next 1 month if needed, till everything becomes smooth
- Move over to the next one. We aim to onboard between 5-20 properties per month in clusters for next 2-3 years,
Example of our portfolio : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t4d7qd6m60u13vf/AACcgOYBBkG7_p7I-ivHrSLHa?dl=0
Previous experience in some form of interior decoration, budgeting, and working on tight deadlines to deliver such property projects will be given preference
Key Skills are:
Good written and spoken English
Excellent Time and Todo list management: Working on several projects simultaneously and working with tight deadlines, understanding priorities. Experience of working in a team, using Dropbox and Google Drive and shared calendars is a plus
Some amount of home furnishing sourcing and budgeting experience will be good
You have “stay hungry, stay foolish” mindset, and can learn new business fast.
You love knowing and learning new technologies and using them towards practical applications and solving real-life problems
The job requires a good attitude towards problem-solving, and working under tight-schedule.
You should aim to work 5 days a week, but during crunch times all hands are on board and you should expect to work in some cases over weekends to get project deadlines met