The Plum Guide is on a mission is to build the definitive collection of the world’s best homes. Through expert human curation and innovative tech, we’re taking a scientific and systematic approach to vetting every home in every city we open, and accepting only the top 1%. Like a modern Michelin Guide - but for homes.
We launched 3 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 10-20% month on month; expanded to 6 cities; tested over 100,000 homes; developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the hospitality sector; and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales.
As the first person in the Plum IT team, you’ll be taking on the challenge of building and maintaining a modern infrastructure that touches everyone here. It’s an important role; you will be running everything from the desktops, laptops and network to audio-visual setups, streaming rigs and cloud services that let our teams make and support our mission!
You’ll need to be a great communicator, a fast learner and have a passion for tech of all kinds. You’ll have an eye for detail and be forward thinking. You’ll be passionate about automation, monitoring and helping people to help themselves.
The main responsibility of being Plum’s first IT Technician is to develop and maintain our IT Infrastructure to support our scalability requirements and the growing technical demands of Plum.
You will have a broad range of responsibilities. Some of the things you'll find yourself doing in this role include:
- Provide proactive day to day IT support - whether this is tickets, direct messages or walk ups
- Full management of Plum’s IT Estate
- Device management; enforcement of an IT security policy, monthly patching , compliance to Apple management changes and keep detailed and regularly updated inventories
- Review of Gmail accounts & 2FA
- Take ownership of the network and ensure it is stable and supportable
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues with macOS and Windows computers
- Assisting with the monitoring and maintenance of our LAN, VPN, Wi-Fi and WAN connectivity and hardware.
- Managing user permissions on cloud tools and services (e.g. G Suite, Atlassian Cloud, OnePassword, Adobe etc)
- Onboarding and offboarding users and helping teams with desk moves
- Researching and sourcing new hardware, peripherals and software
- Looking after our audio-visual setups (meeting rooms, conference bridges, so everything just works whether for internal meetings or external extravaganzas)
- Performing regular proactive maintenance checks and verifying completion of scheduled jobs including backups
- Introducing and running MFA across the company as well as ensuring we are looking after security and data
- Helping design and build new systems to improve the working lives of everyone at Plum
Who We are Looking For
- Great knowledge of both macOS and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency maintaining and upgrading hardware
- Basic networking experience (DNS, DHCP, WiFi, VPNs, VLAN management)
- Experience managing users on G Suite, Office 365 or other similar cloud collaboration platforms
- Task orientated, deadline driven & logical thinker
- Proactive, organised and strong personal drive
- Adaptable and resourceful in an ever-changing environment
- Sound organizational and time-management skills
- Customer focused and a team player
- Responsible and accountable
- Someone who is confident conversing with everyone in the company including founders and stakeholders
- Genuine influence and control: you will work daily with the founders and management team to shape the company strategy and direction.
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, fundraising, product, brand and global expansion.
- Competitive salary and potential to be a part of our option scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.